Microsoft Wireless Mouse 4000

I would quite like to dismantle mine to clean out the accumulated gunge. Any ideas how to open it up?

Reply to
DerbyBorn

What accumulated gunge?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

As nobody has posted the usual response to this yet, I will angle grinder.

How exactly though do you get gunge in a wireless mouse, presumably it has no balls and is optical. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

sebum, dead skin and hobnob crumbs tend to get in around the scrollwheel

Reply to
Andy Burns

Don't know about the Microsoft one, but my Logitech one has one screw underneath the battery. Remove this, seperate the top from bottom at the screw end then unhook the two parts. Lots of gunge around the scroll wheel!

Reply to
Davidm

Not on mine they don't.

Anyway they are cheap enough. Just buy a new one

That isn't a Microsoft POS

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Depends how likely you think you are to be able to remove and replace the skids without crinkling them up.

Reply to
Lee

Lee snipped-for-privacy@ukonline.net wrote in news:IUrRD.18480$ snipped-for-privacy@fx30.am:

That was great. I thik I will leave it. A good blow has got rid of some crud. The tire on the wheel had perished so perhaps I could almost justify a replacement.

Reply to
DerbyBorn

That plastic rubber stuff is a real pain. It seems to be being used all over the place and whether its the sweat of my hands or just a reaction with the atmosphere it does seem that in a few short years it goes sticky and gums up the works and is unpleasant to the touch. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Dusting it with Magnesium Carbonate Chalk can fix that.

Reply to
DJC