OT; Grey moment

Not being picky but you have spelt 'genius' incorrectly.

Reply to
Andy Bennet

How do you open a chest freezer which is fitted under a counter top?

Reply to
pamela

Don't chest freezers also take up more space than upright freezers for the same storage capacity?

Reply to
pamela

If you were an industrial chemist then why didn't you ever get a higher level of membership than graduate membership of the Royal Society of Chemistry?

Reply to
pamela

Wouldn't they be about 10% larger than water cubits.

(although for me cubits are what;s used as currency in battlestar galatica)

Reply to
whisky-dave

Indeed, I stand corrected.

Reply to
Andrew

Pamela is simply another person I have exposed for what they are.

Pay no attention.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Where in the post to which the NP was replying to does it say the ADDITIONAL Freezer was going to be undercounter? This bit " soon to be augmented by an additional freezer."

It could be or it could not , it isn't clear but if it is going to be the the NP s qualifier "if you have space for " would then apply.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Then throw it out because you've waterlogged the insulation and shagged the compressor :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Next time I'm in Currys I'll ask whether they use litres of water or litres of ice :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Pamela is mentally retarded, like most remoaners.

They see what they want to see.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

It was implied in what was written. If someone is writing about under-counter freezers then why anyone change the subject to chest freezers unless they haven't been paying attention.

As usual, Turnip sprinkles his gratuitous wisdom more widely than makes good sense.

Reply to
pamela

Mention of additional freezer here snipped by Pamela because it's mention makes her point weak.

One freezer under counter , additional unspecified. you jumping to one conclusion does not invalidate the other possibility.

He does seem to be getting more cantankerous in his old age and more Harry like in that only his view is the right and true path but if you are going to pop at someone do it on valid grounds.

You were just so eager to have a pop that you read what wanted to see and are now wriggling.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

If you look carefull at this thread you will see that it was you who snipped out that text. I think you owe me an apology for that untrue allegation.

See Message-ID:

Will you apologise for your untrue allegation or will you wriggle?

Reply to
pamela

I'm pretty sure that was covered.

Having had a chest freezer I never want one again. Upright, yes. Walk-in, yes. Chest, no! Having to haul half the contents out every time you want to get to something low down is madness. The only conceivable use for them is to put bodies in.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yeah you have to uncover them to open them.

Yes adn I know who's bodies I'd choose first ;-)

Reply to
whisky-dave

I'll apoligise for the snipping allegation, but not for saying you were so eager to have a pop that you launched a reply to the NP without thinking ,after all the mention of the addition freezer was in there at the begining but you chose to ignore the possiblity that the additional one may not be an undercounter one in your eagerness to pop off a smartarse reply to the NP.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

ISTM that one could have a chest freezer under a counter. You just attach the counter to the lid - or at any rate hinge it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Or you could arrange to have it pull out.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Thank you for your apology.

It struck me that as two freezers under-counter had been mentioned then the requirement was for the same.

"We have an under-counter fridge and a matching under-counter freezer, soon to be augmented by an additional freezer."

It is presumptious for TNP to suggest a chest freezer will necessarily fit the need.

Reply to
pamela