OT; Grey moment

Well, that's 1' 2 9/16" x 1' 2 31/32" x 2' 4 11/32" which I work out to be 89 quarts.

HTH

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

89 x 1.13652 (liters per quart) gets you 101.15 litres.

So someth8ing lost in translation there.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

But that's a packing problem. Think in terms of tetrapaks, so about 3 inches square and 7 inches tall is a litre [or 7.5cm square by 17.5cm tall] you'd get a 5x5 grid of them in your 37x38cm dimension, stacked 4 deep in your 72cm dimension - it's still 25 x 4 litres but now it fits!

Reply to
Andy Burns

About 2.9 bushels.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Have you considered separate fridge and freezer units?

Reply to
S Viemeister

I wouldn't call this sort of thing a 'character flaw' but an indication that someone may be wired differently, 'left-brainer' versus 'right-brainer' etc. [1]

So this would be a good indication of a (stereotypical) 'left-brainer' at work where they focus on the detail but miss the bigger picture.

The op posts a very 'right-brainer' observation by comparing the volume of 4 x 25l oil drums (100l) with the supposed 100l of a fridge freezer (that I feel would be about right and would *be* right when you look at the maths). ;-)

Another way of looking at left v right brain dominance is also the connection of people being 'cold and prickly' or 'warm and fuzzy', again, neither being better than the other, except when being judged on a particular characteristic (like you might not want a 'cold and prickly' in a Customer Service role for instance).

We need people of all wiring types of course and the skill (or luck) is making sure they are in the right roles (for them and others). ;-)

Cheers, T i m

[1] It's funny to see the more left-brained the person the less wiling / likely they will be to accept any of the above, even though it's very apparent to at least some of us. ;-)
Reply to
T i m

Is this realistic? Why would you want to freeze oil?

Reply to
GB

That was what our Thermodynamics lecturer would quote to check if we were still awake.

Reply to
Davey

What are the freezer measurements in cubits?

Reply to
GB

What, litres for the fridge and pints for the freezer for example? How would that help?

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I could tell you, but then I'd have to kill you

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

:)

No. We have an under-counter fridge and a matching under-counter freezer, soon to be augmented by an additional freezer.

Reply to
S Viemeister

Chest freezer always a good idea if you have space for it.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

but not good if you've laid all the parts from your dismantled engine on the nice flat surface and the wife returns from the supermarket.

Happened to a friend of mine,

Reply to
charles

Nah, he was just being a dick. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Ah, but do you think he was doing so intentionally or if it was just from your / our POV? ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Someone without social skills and the need to continuously prove oneself is a flaw.

The bigger picture is that Simon is old enough to learn social interactions. I would excuse a teenager.

Agreed, but learning social skills is a must for those don't have these.

That depends on how bright they are.

Reply to
Fredxxx

If someone in their later age comes across as a dick, they are either doing out of choice, or too thick to understand how and why people react to what they say and do.

YMMV

Reply to
Fredxxx

We have a 700mm wide Beko FF - the extra width is very useful because you get all of it. I really dunno why everyone keeps buying the 600mm wide variety.

Reply to
Tim Streater

But ...

so no investigation? Hmmm...