Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Now ain't that the truth.

Reply to
pamela

;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Sure Dave. I believe Beko does a Tardis model.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Never forgetting

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I was an industrial Chemist - one PhD genious worked out a dosing system based on US gallons - doh.

Oh and in YOUR haste to post, you put in two "displays".

Reply to
Simon Mason

Hooray.

I was wait A litre is defined as a special name for a cubic decimetre or 10 centimetres × 10 centimetres × 10 centimetres, (1 L ? 1 dm3 ? 1000 cm3). Hence 1 L ? 0.001 m3 ? 1000 cm3, and 1 m3 (i.e. a cubic metre, which is the SI unit for volume) is exactly 1000 L.

Reply to
polygonum

That would be icecubits, I assume?

Reply to
polygonum
[21 lines snipped]

Or the unix/linux 'units' program;

[huge@amun ~/Desktop]: units Currency exchange rates from 2013-07-11 2564 units, 85 prefixes, 66 nonlinear units

You have: smoot You want: metres * 1.7018 / 0.58761312 You have: acres You want: barn * 4.0468564e+31 / 2.4710538e-32

And so on.

Reply to
Huge

TNP doesn't seem to realise how useless a chest freezer would be fitted under a counter!

Oh dear. :-)

Reply to
pamela

He might be going a bit like Harry lately but in this case I don't see anything untoward, simply making a suggestion that the additional freezer could be a chest one, and if it has to under counter then you woold nott have space for it which he covered. They do have the advantage that the cold air doesn't flow out like with an upright and it's often easier to keep something large like half a pig , bit of venison or the wife who wouldn't divorce you in.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Ah, said like a true left-brainer. ;-)

Yes, you can have people who become what appears to others as 'cantankerous', simply because they DGAS (any more).

However, someone doesn't have to be 'thick' (often quite the opposite) to have poor self awareness and / or not realise how to behave socially.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I have to chest freezers. They are more efficient. The problem is organising packing. Anything you want is always at the bottom by reason of sods law.

Reply to
harry

They are hopeless as far as convenient access to what is in them is concerned.

They arent even more efficient than upright freezers either.

Reply to
Hankat

Lie it on its back on some industrial weighing scales, fill with water, subtract the empty weight from the full weight and then use the specific gravity of water to measure volume. :-).

Or just multiply the three numbers together, which gives 101,232 cubic centimetres. 1 litre is 1000 cubic centimetres (or ml), so the answer is

101.232 litres.
Reply to
Andrew

Density at 293K to be exact.

Reply to
Simon Mason

En el artículo , Tim+ escribió:

Just like D i m and his cod psychology, then.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Chris Hogg escribió:

Reply to