Volume of water in a radiator

I bought some radiators from Wickes and they have no technical data with them.

Has anyone got any idea what volume of water they might contain? Let's say a single 620mm high x 1000mm long radiator.

TIA

Mr F

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

You could look at the Myson and Stelrad web sites for a similar type of radiator and scale the results from the datasheet of a similar looking radiator.

Reply to
Andy Hall

about 10-15 litres. How thick are they and are they pressed steel?

Reply to
dennis

Fill it up with water and empty it into bucket, then use a measuring vessel. Tom

Reply to
Tom

In article , dennis@home writes

Actually about 3.5l.

All on the manufacturers' sites but for the hard of typing it's: single panels: 300mm 1.9l/m, 450 2.6l/m, 600 3.25l/m, 750 3.8l/m double panels are double, figures from Stelrad.

Reply to
fred

620 x 1000 x 30 (guess based on mine) = 18,600,000 mm3 Divide by 1,000,000 to get to litres gives 18.6l max.

Allow for the fact that some of it is pressed together so doesn't contain any water. I guessed at ~60% but the figures you quote say about 18%.

They hold a lot less than mine but mine are 25 years old now.

But they do vary a lot depending on the style.

Reply to
dennis