OT. First fireworks

On 18 Oct, 21:14, Mike P the 1st

More likely to be real fireworks, records don't have enough dynamic range to reproduce the sound :-)
...unless anybody knows about sound systems that can?
DBX records? I have one of these by Crystal Gayle. MCA DBX disc.
Being serious for a moment. We get them all year round living near a large Korean enclave. Brian
--
Brian Gaff - snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk
In article < snipped-for-privacy@l8g2000yql.googlegroups

We've got a Bloke called Pratto Fawkes lives a street away, real firework enthusiast him, must be related to Guido Fawkes..
Any excuse for an earth shattering explosion at anytime of day any day of the week and the council say they have to get him whilst doing it;!...
--
Tony Sayer

He is not the guy who collects old microwave ovens and blows them up for his video camera and then uploads the results to the net is he?
I've not seen it but apparently a bear bottle full of beer makes a tremendous mess.
Brian
message

Unfortunately not. I've been rounding up the more skittish beasts for a few days now. Will be damned happy when the stupidity is done with.
On 18/10/2010 21:14, Mike P the 1st wrote:

We very nearly had a container load of them go off last night. Someone broke into four self-storage containers on a nearby industrial estate - using something that peeled the heavy steel lock covers right off - and set fire to the contents of three of them. It turned out that a load of illegal fireworks were being stored in an adjacent container and gas cylinders in the one next to that.
The estate was closed until lunchtime, until the Fire Brigade was sure everything was safe. Now Trading Standards are taking a close interest in the fireworks and the boys in blue are taking an interest in the contents of some of the other containers affected.
Colin Bignell
Thus spake harry ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

A chav family up the road from me set some off on Christmas night a few years ago. So much for 'Silent night, holy night'. :-(
--
Andy Clews
*** Remove DENTURES if replying by email ***

Your dislike will serve as an encouragement.
Thus spake John ( snipped-for-privacy@ntlworld.com) unto the assembled multitudes:

Not necessarily so. I wrote to the local press about it at the time (it was a letter about the widespread uncontrolled use of fireworks in general but I mentioned the Christmas incident as one example), and there have been no Christmas fireworks since. Of course, the chav family may have since moved elsewhere, but at least Christmas night returned to its normal peaceful state in my locality.
--
Andy Clews
*** Remove DENTURES if replying by email ***

What's wrong with fireworks for pagan festivals?