Is this a record?

Received an item from CPC today which was ordered on the 10th December

2009
Reply to
geoff

LOL....I think I can only go to about 4 months.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Still waiting for one from Dick (stupendously expensive German toolshop) in September 2009 8-(

Probably my last order with them. Fantastic catalogue and range, but poor order processing and utterly inept at sorting out any problems afterwards.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Are they the supplier of King Dick spanners?

NT

Reply to
Tabby

Can't tell if you're joking, but no. King Dick was a British brand.

Dave Osborne

Nope.

In German it means "fat", which is a pretty odd name for a business anyway.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

My record is one year, two months and four days. The supplier was Philips' service organisation.

This was a long time ago, in the era of dual-standard TV sets, and the item was a slow motion drive for a UHF tuner. The original had snapped off after some domestic accident - we never found out what - so we fix- tuned the set to BBC2 as a temporary measure, blanked off the exit hole for safety, and left the tuning knob inside the cabinet so that it didn't get lost.

When the original order was received, that item was marked out of stock.

When I 'phoned to query it, some time later, I was told that it didn't exist "because that set wasn't designed for 625 lines!"

The customer stopped pestering us and we just forgot about it.

Imagine my surprise when an unexpected little package turned up a year later and I opened it ...

... and then, when we attempted to contact the customer, we found that he had moved ...

Reply to
Terry Casey

My record is a Eurocode 1 book from Thomas Telford which was ordered and paid for around 2003 and turned up earlier this year!

Reply to
Tony Bryer

No worse then "Schwanz"

Reply to