OT FFS More annoying green children

First guess would be Weymouth ,second would be Swanage. The clock tower in Swanage was once in London as were a lot of little artefacts and bits of buildings dotted around the resort. The founder of the firm that eventually became the Civil engineering business Mowlem came from Swanage and after shipping granite for pavements and buildings to the Capital bought up the artefacts and had them brought back on the returning ships.

GH

Reply to
Marland

It was Weymouth:-)

Reply to
ARW

Just as an OT aside did you do anything with the old caravan you mentioned in here a while back. May have missed it as I don't spend as much time in here. Still like to flick down some of the genuine DIY threads. Amazes me how much expertise there is on board. Got a life to live unlike some people I could name.

Reply to
bert

Still waiting to get it back to Barnsley.

I'll make a post when we move it.

Reply to
ARW

Just a small addition.

I was in Frome a few weeks ago and offered to pick it up. The gf put her foot down and said I was not allowed to tow a caravan to a funeral.

I also believe that it still needs a bit of work doing on it before it is towable. The Bristol side of the inlaws are very laid back and not in a rush to do anything.

Reply to
ARW

Wouldn't you have been towing it away from the funeral Adam? She sounds quite unreasonable in these matters ?

Reply to
Cynic