OT Failure to purchase condoms

There is also the splendid WW2 story of someone deciding that an extra large condom would be ideal for keeping mud out of a sten gun if special forces had to go through a stream. Reputedly, the order for "specials" from the London Rubber Company reached Churchill's desk, and he approved it "On condition that they are labelled 'Made in Britain' and 'Medium size'".

Back in the 1970's one of my colleagues was using "standard" ones to measure gas leakage from industrial plant.

Reply to
newshound

I thought that was aniseed balls?

Reply to
TMH

Yup, that rings more of a bell...

Fantastic book on such things, that will definitely appeal to the DIY enthusiast or garden shed inventor:

While I had recounts of the organisations involved in the past, I had not been aware of the vast industrial scale of their activities.

Reply to
John Rumm

The Kindle version of the book is 99pence. Excellent reviews on Amazon

Reply to
misterroy

Paperback is £7.21 with free delivery from booksplea.se

[snip]

First line of 'It's my Party' (Lesley Gore): 'Nobody knows where my Johnny has gone'.

Reply to
Scott

Way back as a stalwart defender of all things British stationed in West Germany, when I reckoned that Wor lass was err , shall we say, um, "in season" ? I would make a quick trip to the MI room and there acquire a free issue of Grade One Durex, one Gross, sexual diseases, for the prevention of.! All I will say is that they worked and worked well!! :-))

Reply to
abueloeddie

I heard some northern kids use crisp packets, I'd aviod the salt and vinegar ones

Reply to
whisky-dave

I guess you'd go for prawn c*ck-tail.

Reply to
tabbypurr

Reminded of the numerous versions of young lady in university library approaching an American student and asking if they could borrow a rubber.

Reply to
newshound

That makes sense as last I heard one of the biggest condom manufacters in the world was in chingford I knew somene that worked their in the late 1980s a german girl with blue hair.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I wonder what colour the condom was that failed to prevent her conception ;-)

Reply to
NY

I did that unwittingly as a British student in a US school, and was somewhat puzzled by the young lady's response. Fortunately she was an Anglophile and I managed to explain.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Do showers not deodorise around your way?

Reply to
jgh

Around my way?

I wash my c*ck and bollocks in the kitchen sink and use the same soapy water that was used to clean the Yorkshire pudding tin.

We let the 15 year old use the shower.

Reply to
ARW

Does the girlfriend like Yorkshire pudding?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Perhaps she is beginning to get a taste for it :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

But does she like gravy or jam on it?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Probably best not to encourage nibbling :-)

Reply to
John Rumm

Most likely to be curry sauce or garlic mayo.

Reply to
whisky-dave