OT: Electric cars actually burn fossil fuels

His people didn't, the Tory party did that.

And Boris did get brexit done.

Not even legally possible.

Reply to
zall

Oh please! Are we not your best ally? You'd do it for us! We'd even promise not to crack any spotted dick jokes for two years! DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

Sounds good to me.

Oh please! Are we not your best ally? You'd do it for us! We'd even promise not to crack any spotted dick jokes for two years! DO IT FOR THE CHILDREN!!!

Sounds good to me.

Yes.

Not even legally possible in reverse either.

Boris' children ? He's doing it for them fine.

He keeps churning out more for the older ones to torment for their quiet amusement now that Boris isn't game to hoon around in a sports car with two of them in the passenger seat with no seat belts.

We know that you are her brat. We have the videos.

Reply to
zall

PASS A LAW !!!

"Do it for the children" is what our politicians say when they are smothering us with bull s**te.

Wouldn't make it legal for you lot, the Supremes would bin it.

Reply to
zall

Only that stupid cow Pelosi.

Reply to
zall

We didn't vote for the new one. Our system allows them to change prime minister without a public vote!

Both are better than when left wing labour gets in and starts spending all our taxes without our permission. They're as bad as biden.

I voted libertarian. Virtually no taxes, virtually no laws apart from the obvious like murder and burglary, everyone pays for what they use (eg education, hospitals), no benefits.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The future looks bleak. China's policy now looks smart.

Environmentalist of the nature we're talking about are more likely to have larger families:

Not all environmentalists are thick. Many here who are pro-fossil fuel burning aren't overly bright. Or don't have children so don't care anyway.

Reply to
Fredxx

I prefer them to drive, a motor is much easier to use, and more reliable. But until the cost and the range and the recharge time improve to rival a petrol car, I will not be changing over. Even with the rising cost of petrol, it's still cheaper to use a petrol car.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

I prefer them to drive, a motor is much easier to use, and more reliable. But until the cost and the range and the recharge time improve to rival a petrol car, I will not be changing over. Even with the rising cost of petrol, it's still cheaper to use a petrol car.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Bingo! Nailed it!

And because electric vehicles spontaneously combust while charging, I suspect the self-appointed safety-weenies will mandate automatic fire suppression equipment installed in every garage with an electric vehicle charger. You can never be too safe.

Reply to
Randy Patzkowski

If we didn't have the lower cost of motability and a second car for the more problematic journeys, we wouldn't be considering electric at the moment either.

Ideally, plug-in hybrid would suit us, but we'd need a battery only range of around 60 miles and the best we can get, that is affordable, gives only 27 miles, which with the drop in range in the winter, wouldn't even manage the main, daily round trip, never mind the additional ones that crop up.

Reply to
SteveW

That's hardly surprising, as no-one has ever voted for a PM in this country. We vote to elect MPs and, by convention, the leader of the party with the most MPs is asked to form a government. However, any individual, even if they are not an MP, who can gather enough support from MPs could form a government.

If a party still has a majority, then swapping its leader and therefor the PM is a matter for them and not the minority party MPs or the electorate.

So how does someone who becomes disabled or falls ill and can no longer earn enough to pay for those get the medical treatment that they need or fund their existing children through school? What of those who are disabled from birth? What of those who have been unable to build up a good pension, as they have had to quit work or go part time to look after elderly relatives or a disabled child? What of those who, through no fault of their own, are made redundant and need time to find another job, while still having to pay the bills?

Reply to
SteveW

And if you get into a wreck in one and can't get out of the thing under your own power, you get burned alive.

Yes, an overly complicated piece of shit seperating the electorate form any actual decisions. All we get to say on our voting forms is a vague "right wing" or "left wing".

They scrounge off charity, relatives, or die off and leave the rest of us to flourish without their burden. It's called evolution.

Now, you clearly believe they should be helped, well you're free to do so. And presumably you think the majority of us also do. So where's the problem? We'd all freely donate to a charity to support them.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The main hurdle is batteries are just not powerful enough to move a tonne of steel. They can run a cordless drill or a golf cart, but even a lawn mower is pretty pathetic. New tech for batteries or not for cars.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And fifty billion safety features in the cars themselves, putting them further out of reach of much of our pockets. They actually already have a requirement for the batteries to be electrically insulated from water the car might be submersed in, incase a dog, fish, or human were to get a little shock through the water if there's a freak flood. That's where your money goes. We could make every single thing in the world twice as good and twice as cheap if we stopped wrapping everyone in cotton wool. I can get an electric shower from China for example that's only a fiver. You get a tingle if your head gets too close, but so what, it doesn't kill you.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Firstly, that link is too long winded for me to bother reading. What's it's conclusion?

Secondly, you missed the point made by Randy, that "self-appointed safety-weenies" are taking things too far.

Thirdly, being more sensible and ignoring any lies, damn lies and statistics, we see fires by any type of vehicle. If you store lots of energy, that energy can be released all at once by mistake, just in slightly different ways, however the battery ones are totally absurd:

Petrol fires:

(crash of tanker)
(arson? idiot?)

Battery fires:

(So much easier to find examples, that guy couldn't even open the ELECTRICALLY CONTROLLED DOOR to get out. WTF Tesla?)
(It wasn't even being used!!)
(bus, way bigger than the tanker fire)
(and of course the main problem, nobody is there when they happen since they take f****ng hours to charge and nobody can stop it because they aren't present)

Strangely, propane wasn't very dangerous at all:

Commander Kinsey