OT: Electric cars actually burn fossil fuels

I'd be chasing that to find where it ended up to see if anything could be salvaged.

Somebody lost a lot of money that day.

Commander Kinsey

I wondered why we (the UK) were selling power to them. How did they all fail at once?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

And yet the Leftist extremist ALWAYS takes the WOKE side of every argument. And he acts like an ass about it too, which is why I have him kill filed.

If it flies like a duck, if it quacks like a duck ...

And yet the Leftist extremist ALWAYS takes the WOKE side of every argument. And he acts like an ass about it too, which is why I have him kill filed.

If it flies like a duck, if it quacks like a duck ...

None in my neighborhood. I thought it was a Hollywood thing.

A house down the road has one of those white PVC horse farm fences but she used to be a barrel racer and they're not wrapped too tight. I don't remember seeing any white picket fences but fences around here are made to either keep livestock in or out and a picket fence isn't going to cut it.

Reply to
rbowman

No he does not, most obviously with the most recent supreme's decision about concealed carry.

And that is why you aren't qualified to claim that he ALWAYS takes the WOKE side of every argument.

He doesn't do either.

Reply to
hgt

ya. good luck with him. practice your goose stepping.

Your state a "fence in" or "fence out" state?

Ours (NV) is a "fence out", meaning if you hit a farmers cow on the road, it is your fault, not the fault of the farmer for letting his cow out.

When I was a kid we had a picket fence in front of the house in Philadelphia. Yesterday I was in Cape May New Jersey, an old Victorian town. Many picket fences and similar styles.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It's complicated, as they say. For cattle and horses it's mostly fence out except you can't let stallions run free. Bulls have to be purebred and some recognizable breed. Keep your sheep, goats, llamas, emus, ostriches and so forth fenced in.

It's logical if you realize cattle barons wrote the laws and there's resistance to change. People who buy their 20 acre McMansions get upset with cows eating their petunias but that's there problem. They can form herd districts with the neighbors. I think a district has to be at least

12 square miles and the perimeter has to be fences. Think towns where everybody in town didn't want to fence their patch.

There have been suits over the obvious discrimination against goats and so forth that haven't succeeded. Sheep and goats might be bovids but nobody ever said all bovids are created equal. As far as big, ugly birds they can go back to Australia or wherever they were hatched.

Reply to
rbowman

And I thought our laws were weird!

:'(

A guy who briefly worked for us was sort of a survivalist and moved to his dream location from CA or WA, I forget which. He had a Rottweiler which was supposed to be a big deal, imported from Germany from a line of champion Rotties or something. The dog didn't last too long. He snarled at a neighbor's cattle so the neighbor shot him. Perfectly legal.

I was a little relieved when the guy quit. He handloaded .50 BMG for his Barrett and I could picture the situation escalating into a 21st century range war when he started using cows for targets.

There are a few other gems. If you're a sheep herder and walk off the job leaving the sheep to their own devices you can be fined $100 and/or

3 months to a year in jail.
Reply to
rbowman

That's my evening's viewing then, that sounds brilliant.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Jobsworths should be shot.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

Studies on climate change ROTFPMSL!

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

AFAIK a replacement battery for an EV is 3 grand. The car costs more than 3 grand more than a petrol car. I won't say ICE because that has always meant "in car entertainment", as in a pumping stereo.

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

So for some reason we'll see that on the market in 5 years?

Reply to
Commander Kinsey

The cheapest electric car suitable for a family and with a decent range for days out, visits to family, etc. is over 30k. I can buy a petrol engined car for half that price.

I am not against electric cars, we are looking at getting one now (my wife is disabled, so a motability lease is just about affordable), but if we had to buy/lease it ourselves, it would be totally unaffordable and we would not be able to afford to keep the (old) second car that enables us to tow or carry out long journeys at pretty well zero notice (as we have had to do on a number of occasions).

Reply to
SteveW

I believe most are a lot more than 3 grand, particularly if by grand you meant 1000 pounds sterling as the pound swirls around the toilet bowl. How did you people manage to find a bigger asshole than Boris? At that rate you'll want to borrow Biden for the next PM, not that you aren't more than welcome to him. Give you a twofer -- you can have the Kamel too.

Reply to
rbowman