OT: DIY for home improvement - Power tool

Hello
I am a student from Hong Kong, I am interested DIY for home improvement and power tool however, Hong Kong culture and environment.... actually, DIY, hom improvement and power tool ....um, how to say, not popular, is ver rare.... I really want to know more, i have no experience of such bi improvement, i can just do small work at the workshop of my school.
Please kindly help me......my questionnaires: http://www.my3q.com/home2/80/kakakawai/01_1.phtml
if there are any questions, feel free to contact me : snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com.hk
thanks!!!
-- kakakawai