Home Improvement: Courses or Classes?

Hello all,

Does anyone know where a home owner can go to take courses or classes for home improvement (electrical, plumbing etc) in NJ or any other locations

I would like to learn from a professional and not the home depot guy who doesn't even know where they keep the toilet seats in his own store.

Reply to
Medic2697

Some of them couldn't find a toilet seat in the bathroom.

Try calling some of your local adult ed programs, usually run through the high schools.

RicodJour

Goedjn

In my area (Twin Cities, Minnesota), there are usually many different free home improvement-type fairs/shows that are co-sponsored by city governments and local businesses.

A typical show includes seminars, how-to demonstrations, and booths staffed with professionals from various trades that are on hand to provide free "how-to" advice.

If you have a similar type of thing in your area, I'd suggest going. In my experience, they've proved to be a valuable source of free information and guidance.

Loren

Reply to
LPV

Reply to