Ryobi One+

what do you think of Ryobi One Plus system,

it seems very convenient, just 18 volt cordless power tools, batteries, and chargers all are individual for own combination, can save $ of buyin batteries.

Do you think it is really convenient?

whole combo have 10 cordless power tools, it is enough?

just give some suggestions or comments let's discuss, i want to know more~^

-- kakakawai

Reply to
kakakawai

Hi there,

Im currently reviewing the system for my website at

I like the system. The batteries are good quality and most of the tools in the system perform well. Not every tool in the Ryobi One + line is top notch, but the cordless drills, jigsaw, and shop vac in particular are very good. Keep an eye on my website in the coming weeks for the full review.

Also, there are a heap more Ryobi One+ tools coming out to widen the range including a trimmer, flouro tube light and many more.

Regards,

Dean Bielanowski Editor OnlineToolReviews.com

4 Reviews:

Reply to
xcz

I've never used ryobi, but only ever heard bad things about them.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

The OP and the second poster both seem to be American...hmm ;-)

I've got a Ryobi 18v combi drill and reciprocating saw - both great pieces of kit and have taken lots of use and abuse.

Reply to
daddyfreddy

Only thing I've got of theirs is a rechargeable 'dremmel' which I use for electronics stuff. Bought from B&Q many years ago. And it's been excellent. The batteries have lasted far longer than any other cordless tool I've bought from a shed - and battery longevity is a good indication of quality.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

how bad is ryobi?

want to know only, i think ryobi is quite good for starter ....good quality, i am a Hong Kong people

-- kakakawai

Reply to
kakakawai

Combi & Circular saw here. Both had lots of use & abuse.

Both batteries knackered now though, but still hold enough charge for the occasional screw & light drilling.

Reply to
PeTe33

In the UK they are good quality and good value for money. Whether the same quality is elsewhere I don't know.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

They are average quality at best everywhere.

The manufacturer is Techtronic Industries, formerly of Hong Kong.

Techtronic has acquired the rights to a number of brands of varying types an qualities over the last few years.

the upper end, they have Milwaukee, which is a contractor quality product in the U.S. and had started to appear in Europe via AEG (for which they also bought the power tools brand).

In the middle they have Ryobi power tools, which is *not* a Japanese product any longer. Ryobi corporation of Japan does still make certain industrial products such as diecastings. The Techtronic Ryobi power tools are sold in Europe and most of the rest of the world with the Ryobi brand. In the US, it's exclusively through Home Depot and they also make some of the Ridgid product set for HD.

If you look at Ryobi web sites across the world, you will find that acquisition by TTI is either underway or has happened.

At the cheap end, they have Power Devil, Royal and Dirt Devil and a couple of US only brands.

In other words, this is a set of Chinese products at different price points and qualities.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I know many tradesmen who use them and they are gaining ground of the big rip-off brands like Makita and DeWalt.

Just like some Makitas.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Yes, you are right, TTI have a office in Hong Kong, however, ... you mean that..... all the products by TTI are chinese products? any problem of chinese products? is that TTI products are not suitable for US UK or euro users? the usage...or the styling not suitable for those foreign users? as i know, TTI also have euro and us team, they are 24hrs company.

no matter TTI or ryobi is a what company, i just want to know this One plus, is it good for starter any good or bad comments on it ? any suggestions

-- kakakawai

Reply to
kakakawai