Ryobi ONE+ "for indoor use"

I'm very fond of the Ryobi ONE+ cordless power tool chain. Any thoughts on that product line from you professionals?
Only problem is, they are all "for indoor use". Here in Sweden, and many other countries as well I suppose, fall is virtually constant rain. Winter is either snowing, raining or snowy rain.
I'm thinking about mounting a parasol on a wood horse or how does one usually get around it?
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
Emanuel Berg wrote:

The charger is for indoor use. I have a chainsaw limb cutter, hedge trimmer, string trimmer and leaf blower powered by the One+ battery. None are used indoors, but then it seldom snows in south Ga. and I have never been fond of working in the rain. For small jobs they sure beat stringing out an extension cord or yanking on a start rope.
--
G Ross

G Ross wrote:

I have a brushless drill driver which I used recently to do a fence. I says "for indoor use" in the manual.
I get it, tools are seldom "for outdoor use". Still, that's where I use them.
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 11:59:05 AM UTC-5, Emanuel Berg wrote:

Corded power tools can be dangerous, inside or out. Yes, this was an outdoor incident, but it could as easily have happened inside.
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/110467/MAN-ELECTROCUTED-WHILE-BUILDING-SWING-SET.html
Doubtful that a cordless tool would have been as big of an issue.

Well, I don't get it. Where is it stated that tools are seldom for outdoor use - other then in your manual?
We'd have to go back to using hand tools to build our houses until they were closed up, and only use power tools to finish the interior.

DerbyDad03 wrote:

It is stated in the manual "for indoor use", which is common even for tools that you would think would have the most applications outdoors.
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Most of my power tools,INCLUDING MY SNOWBLKOWER AND GENERATOR,SAY "NOT FOR INDOOR USE"
Clare Snyder wrote:

You don't even have an indoor shovel?
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

I think we're going to need one if this thread goes on much longer.
On Tue, 02 Jan 2018 19:53:35 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@notreal.com wrote:

More likely a mucking fork
Markem wrote:

What about tar, feathers, and torches? And a rope with the hangman's knot - by the way, does that come "cordless" as well?
Aaanyway, I am amazed there isn't even one water proof drill driver for sale in the entire pitch-black capitalist world!
Only way to get one is to follow the tutorial in "Popular Mechanic"... :))
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573
On Tuesday, January 2, 2018 at 10:04:34 PM UTC-5, Emanuel Berg wrote:

See page 18. Good to 500' depths.
http://www.stanleyinfrastructure.com/sites/stanleyhydraulic.com/files/pdf/DL07%20User%20Manual%202-2015%20V10.pdf
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yeah, thought it would... You got me worried there for a second. OK, case closed.
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Also https://nemopowertools.com/product/nemo-hammer-drill-socket/ if you want electric.
J. Clarke wrote:

Nemo Power Tools, how cute is that? :)
It is interesting that the tools most resistent to water are themselves powered by water.
But I suppose power tools are on the contrary not resistent but actually sensitive to interference from other electromagnetic bodies?
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

??? If you mean hydraulic tools, they are not powered by water. Hydraulic systems are generally oil-filled.

Electric tools are more likely to cause interference than be affected by it.
J. Clarke wrote:

OK, makes sense, I have a can of hydraulic oil right besides me...
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

Most "manuals" for American-sold tools aren't about instruction or education, they're about covering the manufacturer's hind ends. If it breaks as you're using it outdoors, well they told you not to.
Just bring them in when you're done and you should be ok. Don't work in the rain or falling snow if you don't have to.
Puckdropper
Puckdropper wrote:

But that would rule out the entire winter :)
--
underground experts united
http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573

That is what Apre' Skiing is about, sit by the fire and enjoy your beverage.
Markem wrote:

I can't. I only enjoy doing things.