Ryobi ONE+ "for indoor use"

More likely a mucking fork

Reply to
Markem

What about tar, feathers, and torches? And a rope with the hangman's knot - by the way, does that come "cordless" as well?

Aaanyway, I am amazed there isn't even one water proof drill driver for sale in the entire pitch-black capitalist world!

Only way to get one is to follow the tutorial in "Popular Mechanic"... :))

Reply to
Emanuel Berg

See page 18. Good to 500' depths.

DerbyDad03

Yeah, thought it would... You got me worried there for a second. OK, case closed.

Reply to
Emanuel Berg

Also

if you want electric.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Nemo Power Tools, how cute is that? :)

It is interesting that the tools most resistent to water are themselves powered by water.

But I suppose power tools are on the contrary not resistent but actually sensitive to interference from other electromagnetic bodies?

Reply to
Emanuel Berg

??? If you mean hydraulic tools, they are not powered by water. Hydraulic systems are generally oil-filled.

Electric tools are more likely to cause interference than be affected by it.

Reply to
J. Clarke

OK, makes sense, I have a can of hydraulic oil right besides me...

Reply to
Emanuel Berg

Thy Ryobi ONE+ line has a couple of lamps and flashlights.

One is a camp light to have inside a tent, probably with limited use for craftsmen, and possibly also to campers who would like a waterproof lamp with more lumens as well.

Another lamp is a futuristic-looking flashlight, but with the same two deficiencies.

A third is a construction lamp. This one has ~2000 lumens and looks like a traditional lamp on a Scaffolding. But this one isn't waterproof either - I suppose the battery and/or the lamp/battery interface is the Achilles' heel?

The fourth is also a powerful lamp of ~2000 lumens but this one looks like a hair dryer. Not waterproof.

However for lamps 3 and 4 I wonder if this hack might do it: you simply put them in a dry bag! Many of my dry bags are in one color or another, but they also have a transparent part, so you can get a reading what's inside the bag w/o opening it.

Only question is how much this still with impair the strength as well as the range of the light flow?

Reply to
Emanuel Berg

You are thinking too small. The batteries last a while with their lights, and if yours don't, get a bigger battery. Seal them in a clear FoodSaver b ag and have a waterproof seal. Many models of vacuum sealer don't require the bag to be drawn to a solid vacuum but can be sealed when you decide. C lear, heavy duty bags sold in all sizes, or you can make your own.

How would anyone know unless they tried it themselves using the flashlights you specified? You should take a minute and do this yourself with the bag s you have in your country to see if it meets your requirements since no on e else can completely replicate your flashlight, its battery, the current l umen output of the unit, the bags you are using, etc. It really doesn't se em like it would take to long to walk over and get your flashlight and seal it in a bag and turn it on...

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

Well, that was a way of thinking about this, not necessarily a question to which I expected a definite answer...

Reply to
Emanuel Berg