OT Death

I have two, consistent, machines and have tested them on other people, I believe my results are reasonably accurate.

But thanks for the advice, next time I go I will take one of my monitors to be tested.

Reply to
Pancho

AIUI BP isn't that stable, it's up and down like a tart's draws, so even with a perfect monitor it is difficult to get reproducible readings, at least for instantaneous readings.

Reply to
Pancho

That is another factor.

I met someone who worked for a company developig an new way to measure BP. He said the basic problem was the cuff based one was subjective - even the automatic ones mimicked the variation which caused this due to tolerances, tightness of the cuff, ....

As I recall, his company were developing a system which sensed the pressure in a blood vessel in your neck but he didn't go into detail.

That was around 6-8 years back but I've not seen anything other than a cuff based BP machine in use.

Reply to
Brian Reay

They do up here, especially if Catholic, when 'court suit and black tie' is de rigeur for funerals.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What, like all the members of the G7 I assume.

Of those 7 only the USA and part of Canada are English speaking. Ditto for being part of the old Empire.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It took my wife 12 years before she could go through some of her mother's things after she died (over 9 weeks) of cancer (although she was only diagnosed with about 2 weeks left). 6 years before that, her father died 5 weeks after being diagnosed.

I am lucky (so far) to have only lost grandparents, but with both my parents in their 80s and my wife having a condition likely to shorten her life, it is only a matter of time.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

The UK is also English speaking. Japan is English speaking at the intergovernmental level as they don't expect anyone else to speak Japanese. France and Germany are English speaking as the French won't speak German and the Germans won't speak French.

That leaves 60 million Italians, and they probably speak English too.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

While you?re there, don?t forget to ask when the practice machines last had a calibration test. I suspect you?ll find the answer is ?never?.

GPs aren?t trained instrument technicians so whilst you can compare your results with theirs, you won?t be much wiser as to which is more ?accurate?.

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

Closea enougha, although I don't think "mafi" is an English word.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I still chat to a manager of a company that I worked for 20 years ago. 20 years ago he had and still has throat cancer. This sort of cancer killed his dad. The cancer has now spread to his lungs and a kidney, but he remains optimistic. This guy is one of the nicest blokes you could ever hope to meet. There is no hate, no spite, no vindictiveness and nothing nasty about him. I'd guess that he has about 4 years left, when the bad thing happens I would like to pay my respects, but I guess that I will not get to know. He is about 59.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

"What-a mistake-a to-a make=a"

Reply to
Bob Eager

I thought it was the Hot Nurse syndrome.

Reply to
Chris, N0UK, G4JEC

In message <xXSaF.83584$ snipped-for-privacy@fx17.am, ARW snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk> writes

Sorry Adam. That hurts, particularly at such a young age.

There were five of us at school, good mates, close friends. Only three left now, all 67.

Talking of first snogs, I've just reconnected with mine. Haven't seen her since about 1967 or 68, and suddenly stumbled on her via Facebook. Have to say, she is looking good, and only a year younger than me.

Reply to
Graeme

I asked that very question after the machine ran out of thermal paper. None of the (female) staff, after a half hour search for a new thermal roll, had any clue how to insert, so I did it for them.

On asking 'when was it last calibrated', there was a lot of Ooo, Ahhh, err, don't know.

One of our local GPs is the computer 'expert' who seems to spend more time faffing about with various bits of kit than listening to the queue of people (when he isn't taking 6 months off to sail his yacht all over the world.)

Reply to
Andrew

Ditto reduced smoking, elimination of (asbestos, making hats with mercury, mixing and spraying agricultural chemicals without safety gear, not wearing seat belts or crash helmet, ...).

Reply to
Andrew

It isn't really "our" money. It just gets added onto the national debt and future generations will have to pay it back, plus the interest on it.

Reply to
Andrew

I always watch 7-UP,.... 56-up on ITV to see how many are still with us.

I think only one has died so far which seems quite going.

Reply to
Andrew