OT Death

adding a superfluous "a" to the end of every other word...

Reply to
Jim K..

We have all experienced it but when the girl you got your first snog off passes away at 49 you know it's a bad weekend.

Reply to
ARW

Awful. Was it cancer?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Yes.

Reply to
ARW

Sad. We all get to the point where we go to more funerals than weddings.

Reply to
harry

Yes well, we are always told that we are living longer, but a very good lady friend of mine died at 8 in a health spa. She had cancer for the third time and was fed up with the treatment. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yes you are. However I don't think throwing all the money in the world at cancer can speed up any treatment, as it is in fact a malfunction of our own cells due to mistakes, trauma or other disease affecting dna. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Just lost a second cousin at 54. She was taken ill at work (suspected heart attack) and was dead in three weeks from bone and liver secondaries. They missed a rare form of breast cancer at a screening six months ago.

Reply to
newshound

That reminds me that my local M&S is closing; I might pick up a dark suit.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

What? Death? We all *will* experience it but I doubt if anyone here

*has* experienced it! :-)
Reply to
Chris Green

It depends how you define it. There are probably some that were "gone", but then resussed. My son was. He reports no experience of light, doorways or anything like that.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

Very sorry to hear that, Adam. My sympathies.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Odell

Q: Doctor, I've got a lump in my breast A: You're pregnant, don't worry about it. Q: Doctor, I've still got a lump in my breast A: You're breast feeding, don't worry about it. Q: Doctor, I've still got a lump in my breast A: Ah. You've got six months.

She actually made it her son's 3rd birthday. Plus a litle. Birthday banners were still up at the funeral.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

I guess with educational standards being "harmonised" around the world over the last half century, all with the laudable (laughable more like) aim of equality, the standards of school, university and college leavers in the West has inevitably fallen. So why would we expect the medical profession to be immune from the effects of this? Doctors just ain't what they used to be.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Your basic premise is flawed! At least in science subjects and the theoretical basis of medicine several asian countries have totally outperformed us for years. They are being held *down* to our standards. The practical bits can be learned quickly by bright person.

Reply to
Roger Hayter
<snip>

We lost my stepdaughter earlier in the year at 39. Primary cancer was in the bowel, secondaries in the liver and lungs but she finally died because her liver was 4x it's normal size. 1:3 chance the chemo would have killed her and if it didn't, what little time she had left would have been sh1te. ;-(

She was stoic to the end.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Just a strong smell of sulphur :-)

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

I had to laugh when my ex business partner who wanted to insure me against death, but not himself - he was fifteen years my junior - died of prostate cancer at the age of 49...

Well - laugh or cry, what do you expect?

Breast cancer, bowel cancer, prostate cancer. Dropping like flies.

What does it all mean? What was the point?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think they are vastly better BUT our expectations have risen faster than medical knowledge and treatments.

How was it put in 'Doctor in te House' ...'The Hospital, a place where you went when ill, and got better, or died, according to your luck'...

Read 'The Citadel'...a far better book than 'Dr Finlay's Casebook'.

The fact is ai is damned hard do diagnose everything. A vague ache might be simply dehydration or a sign of terminal cancer.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

A lot of people die of cancer because it's one of the few remaining diseases we don't have a guaranteed fix for.

Reply to
harry