OT Civi;l Servants

For the first time ( and hopefully the last) I had to phone up the pensions service as I have not received my fuel allowance. What a waste of space they are. After loads of questions they told me to send a letter, surely they could have done that from the start. So having wasted money on a phone call I now have to waste more on a stamp. Why can they not have email contact of course that is too modern. Get a grip. They never will as they are controlled by politicians whom no one controls!

Reply to
Broadback

In message , Broadback writes

Strangely, I had the opposite experience. Earlier last year, I received a letter saying I would qualify for winter fuel allowance that year. Phone a number for details. I did, and spoke to a very helpful chap who took a few details, including my bank account number etc., then told me to expect payment in November. Sure enough, payment arrived. I don't know why - I thought I had to be 65 to qualify, but apparently not. I do have to wait to 65 for state pension, though. Most odd.

Reply to
News

It's like bus passes, you get it when you reach the state pension age for women. A few years ago you'ld have got it at 60. In a few years time you would get it when you get to 68, if it's still going then!

Reply to
Bill Taylor

60 it is for Winter fuel allowance.
Reply to
harry

No, it's born on or before 5 January 1953.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

Perhaps you could send an email instead and not waste a stamp.

Reply to
pamela

Broadback scribbled

The pension service spend all day trying to get old farts to understand stuff. I've been told it does their heads in after they've repeated themselves half a dozen times to some old fool who can't arsed to put their hearing aid in or write down what they've been told.

Reply to
Jonno

What a serious piece of shit you really are.

I hope you end up deaf, incontinent and with senile dementia - I would say and with no friends, but that's already true.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1 What a turd this guy is.
Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

The Natural Philosopher scribbled

Sorry, I hadn't realised I was discussing your problems.

Reply to
Jonno

Mr Pounder Esquire scribbled

How many OAPs did you overcharge when you fixed their domestic appliances?

Reply to
Jonno

None. They got a genuine discount from my list price. I showed them the price list before I did the job. Try harder, skid mark.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Mr Pounder Esquire scribbled

Sure - and this wasn't you who posted this

###############

From: "Mr Pounder Esquire" Newsgroups: uk.d-i-y Subject: Re: How l>>> Amazon sent an emergency

Then, you would starve.

#######

I didn't have to try very hard did I.

Reply to
Jonno

You seem to have little idea of the world of business. You seem to have little idea of the real world. How is your life in your council flat these days?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Six days into this year and you write complete bollocks on at least a

2nd subject. Have you made a new year resolution to be even dafter than before.

This the date you have to born by to get the payment at present. "You?ll qualify for Winter Fuel Payment if: you were born on or before 5 January 1953 (for winter 2015 to 2016 - this date changes every year)"

As stated on the Governments own web page about it.

I suppose we will have the usual number of posts from you now claiming you are right and everyone else is wrong including the Government, before you start another topic on bus passes are still available to 60 year olds in Wales as a diversionary tactic to deflect people from reading your stupidity.

It used to be 60 but people like yourself who got it when they could easily afford to do without it have drained the pot, Just like many other benefit scroungers even though you make out you abhor such people. You should wear a shirt with Harry the Hypocrite printed on it.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Mr Pounder Esquire scribbled

Changed your tune quickly eh. Overcharging and ripping off customers is okay all of a sudden. If you had a better reputation, you'd not have needed to stitch up customers, because you had so few. It's a viscous circle once you f*ck people off. I bet you packed up when the phone stopped ringing.

Reply to
Jonno

Nothing has changed, nothing will ever change in the real world. Get used to that. I asked how is life in your council flat. Well, how is it?

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Viscous circle" ha ha I like that. 10-40 was it?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Yes, they claim to do alternative formats for letters, but a bit like toothbrush holesmanship in Balham, it seems that the letters go into the system for recording and seldom come out the other end and its only when benefits stop that the blind or illiterate person is aware that they were supposed to have had a letter. You try convincing the herburt that their system is bust... Brian

Reply to
Brian-Gaff

I'm 63, and this is my first payment.

Reply to