OT Civi;l Servants

In message , Bill Taylor writes

Trouble is, it is not like bus passes. I got the bus pass at 60, my first winter fuel payment at 63 and I'll have to wait until 65 to receive state pension. Another seventeen years and I'll get a free TV licence :-)

Reply to
News

Correct! Illogical, but correct.

Reply to
News

I got my free tv licence this year - at 75.

Reply to
charles

In message , charles writes

Excellent! Only twelve years to wait, then :-)

Reply to
News

75 (six years away for me) is also the age at which many European ski resorts start issuing free lift passes. Can't wait.
Reply to
Mike Barnes

In message , Brian-Gaff writes

What? :-)

Reply to
Chris French

That is because you were not.

The first piece of perception you got right, till you spoiled it.Sigh

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hes been at the meths again

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In article , News writes

By which time responsibility will have passed from HMG to BBC and they will most likely either means test it or scrap it.

Reply to
bert

This thread reminded me that my 95 year old mother-in-law moved in last November.

Time to (a) update the address on her TV licence and (b) get a refund on ours.

Reply to
Bob Eager