OT Cats.

One for Pounder here!

harry

Lame suggestions.

"Another thing cats hate is cayenne pepper. So it may be worth scattering a generous amount of cayenne pepper in places the cats like to visit. Then again, this may cause the cat to start sneezing violently, which make us feel a bit sorry for it."

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Nothing stops them except the final solution.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Having tried all of those methods in the past I can confirm that none of them work. Scent/smells as a deterrent is usually negated by having a sunny or rainy day which either dries out the material or washes it away.

There are however a couple of sure ways that involve easily available chemicals/substances and cat food.

Reply to
alan_m

Send them to the gas chambers with the bigots.

Reply to
ARW

One (non lethal) solution I used when I was growing produce in my back garden was the IR water jet.

IR trigger at low level connected to a garden hose that would sweep though a user settable arc and back, soaking anything in it's path (so good for the veg). ;-)

This sort of thing:

We saw a couple of them getting caught by it and they really didn't like it (and if they did come back they didn't say long enough to do any damage).

We didn't seem to have the infestation problem of other peoples so-called 'pets' when the whippets and lurcher used to patrol the garden. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yeah! Gas!!! Get them chambers back! >:->

Reply to
Al

Or the DIY version

alan_m

When I was younger I built a kit of an ultrasound pulser which was supposed to be placed in the middle of the bed you did not want the cats to use as a toilet. It never worked, indeed their ears went every which way and they homed in on it and played with it as if it was some kind of creature. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Yeah, I remember that one. ;-)

The lengths we have to go to to try to dissuade *other peoples* (so called) 'pets' from affecting our lives. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

One man's bigot is another man's Jew.

Reply to
Fredxx

And that's why there are mountains of dead rotting birds in rural areas where the cat population for a given area is probably 0.5% that of in urban areas.

Reply to
alan_m

Well not mountains, but cerationly when I walked the dogs 'off piste' some years ago there would be half a dozen carcases that were visible on any given route/day

In open country crows tend to remove them.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher