OT Cats.

One for Pounder here! https://www.tips-and-tricks.co/home-and-garden/always-finding-neighbors-cats-garden-cat-friendly-trick-will-keep-away/?utm_campaign=CHRcatsUK&utm_source=Taboola&utm_medium=native&utm_term=disqus-theconservativewoman
On Sat, 06 Jul 2019 11:10:57 -0700, harry wrote:

cats-garden-cat-friendly-trick-will-keep-away/? utm_campaign=CHRcatsUK&utm_source=Taboola&utm_medium=native&utm_term=disqus- theconservativewoman
Lame suggestions.
"Another thing cats hate is cayenne pepper. So it may be worth scattering a generous amount of cayenne pepper in places the cats like to visit. Then again, this may cause the cat to start sneezing violently, which make us feel a bit sorry for it."
--
Leave first - THEN negotiate!

On 06/07/2019 19:36, Cursitor Doom wrote:

Having tried all of those methods in the past I can confirm that none of them work. Scent/smells as a deterrent is usually negated by having a sunny or rainy day which either dries out the material or washes it away.
There are however a couple of sure ways that involve easily available chemicals/substances and cat food.
--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Problem is that one of the neighbours cats comes right into my house looking for something to eat and it wouldn’t be a great idea if it died in the house.
Havent seen it for more than a week now and some of the neighbours are renters so with a bit of luck its one of the renters who has moved out now.
When I was younger I built a kit of an ultrasound pulser which was supposed to be placed in the middle of the bed you did not want the cats to use as a toilet. It never worked, indeed their ears went every which way and they homed in on it and played with it as if it was some kind of creature. Brian
--
----- --
harry wrote:

Nothing stops them except the final solution.
On 06/07/2019 20:05, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Send them to the gas chambers with the bigots.
--
Adam

On Sat, 06 Jul 2019 20:47:34 +0100, ARW wrote:

neighbors-cats-garden-cat-friendly-trick-will-keep-away/? utm_campaign=CHRcatsUK&utm_source=Taboola&utm_medium=native&utm_term=disqus- theconservativewoman

Yeah! Gas!!! Get them chambers back! >:->
On 06/07/2019 20:47, ARW wrote:

One man's bigot is another man's Jew.
On Sat, 6 Jul 2019 20:05:03 +0100, "Mr Pounder Esquire"

One (non lethal) solution I used when I was growing produce in my back garden was the IR water jet.
IR trigger at low level connected to a garden hose that would sweep though a user settable arc and back, soaking anything in it's path (so good for the veg). ;-)
This sort of thing:
https://www.primrose.co.uk/jet-spray-cat-repeller-pestbye-p-1907.html
We saw a couple of them getting caught by it and they really didn't like it (and if they did come back they didn't say long enough to do any damage).
We didn't seem to have the infestation problem of other peoples so-called 'pets' when the whippets and lurcher used to patrol the garden. ;-)
Cheers, T i m
On 06/07/2019 20:48, T i m wrote:

Or the DIY version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIbkLjjlMV8

--
mailto : news admac myzen co uk

Yeah, I remember that one. ;-)
The lengths we have to go to to try to dissuade *other peoples* (so called) 'pets' from affecting our lives. ;-(
Cheers, T i m