Cats

I have tried everything to stop them pooing in my front garden and have now had more than enough. We have a dog who is only allowed in the back garden. There is no cat poo in the back garden. If I deposit a dog poo in the front garden will this deter the cats? I don't want to use the final solution with the cats, anti-freeze.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

How do you know that the cats have had a shit? Most cats bury their shit.

Do you spend your free days (ie when not at the dole office) fingering your soil or flowerbeds?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Mr Pounder writes

Your own experience suggests that it might work.

I don't have a dog (or a cat) and, as far as I know, I don't have any neighbourhood cats pooing anywhere in my garden. I am therefore in no position to carry out the test for you. I'm afraid you'll have to try it for yourself.

If you find that dog poo doesn't work, I understand that lion or tiger poo is very effective. You could try approaching your local zoo to see if they have any to spare.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

The cats kick up the wood chipping in the flower beds and then have a shit. They do not bother to sweep the wood chippings back over their shit.

I am retired and have never had a penny of the state in all of my life. Is that okay with you, big mouth?

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

And I thought that we were friends.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I do not like to be called a wanker.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Presumably if you're now retired, you *are* receiving pennies from the state, ie your state pension?

And are you really saying you've never benefitted from the state in any way? Are there no streetlights where you've lived, no public highways, no fire service, no armed forces?

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

They do - but usually just where I'm about to plant bedding plants.

Or on the vegetable plots at school just where I'm trying to get the kids to plant seeds.

Reply to
Skipweasel

Thanks for the tips.

I have also heard of this and will look on ebay for material.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

On 21/03/2011 21:03, Mr Pounder wrote: ...

I wouldn't want a criminal record either.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

dunno about lion shit, but ebay has loads of bullshit

Reply to
Gazz

I prefer the term "strong in arm" not wanker. However I do not remember calling you a wanker.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Not necessarily - he might not be old enough to qualify for a state pension yet.

I'm retired, but am "only" 62 :-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Not around here they don't. Used to years ago but not now.

You should not assume others are like you.

Reply to
Old Codger

I doubt it. We don't have a dog these days but my Daughter's dog visits regularly. We also have nightly, and sometimes daily, visits by foxes, who also poo all over the place. Often have badgers also. Hasn't stopped the cats yet, and they don't bury it.

Reply to
Old Codger

Tabby

And you should not fall for one of Mr Pounders AKA Steve windups.

I hope that there are no others like me as you can only have one God

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Good point. I'm 42, but I get the feeling the Job Centre wishes I could retire and stop pestering them, particularly as they penalise me for actually owning a pension. ;)

JGH

Reply to
jgharston

In message , Mr Pounder writes

Not even the old age pension?

Never seen a doctor ?

Reply to
geoff

In message , Frank Erskine writes

Still a couple of years off renting a cottage in the isle of wight (if it's not too dear) then

Reply to
geoff