Cats

There are 3 of the bloody things and I like my chippings. They also shit on the soil. Water pistol yes, but they sneak in under the cover of darkness. Their shit goes right back into their owners garden, his cats - his shit.

Cheers.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I thought that you had thicker skin than that.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I took exception to that. I have never even been inside a dole office, I have been very fortunate.

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Actually I had got you mixed up with someone else when I posted that.

I am sure you will still be able to sleep tonight though:-)

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Fine, no problems. Usenet to me is fun, entertainment and sometimes a gathering of knowledge. But, even though the days of alt.arguments are sadly gone I still like a fight.

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Your state pension is something yo have paid for through NI pensions contribution. it's not a benefit, it is a right, just like your car insurance or your house insurance.

Reply to
hugh

No chance of you nipping round to mine and punching a plumber in the face for me then?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Alt.arguments was sparing words, not fists. It was fun :-) As for punching your plumber, I'm in Lancashire but can travel.

Steve

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Is this the five bob argument, or the full ten shilling one?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I believe that a similar defence has been tried before and failed.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Has he ever been the full ten shilling?

Reply to
Richard Colton

Handy. Is it magnetic by any chance ?

Derek G

Reply to
Derek G.

Must be, it sticks like nobody's business.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I have blasted the same cats many times with a high powered water pistol. It doesn't stop them coming back.

Cats like to tease. They sit in the middle of my lawn watching me get the water pistol. One of them even waits for me to fire before running away.

Reply to
Mark

There's no savings element to NI. You could say that you paid someone else's pension with your NI. When you retire you're not paying NI so someone else pays your pension.

What????

Reply to
Mark

Why on earth would a cat drink anti-freeze?

Reply to
Mark

Apparently it is very attractive to them, although it kills them very painfully.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

No it isn't! Your contributions paid for somebody else's pension.

If you are getting a state pension, it is being funded from other people's contributions.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Must be some kind of record - this thread degenerated into an argument in three posts!

Reply to
jhiker

Because it's quite palatable. That's why it got added to Austrian wine, remember?

Reply to
Skipweasel