Peter Scott

I believe that intent had to be proved.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

I have this gift ..

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Ah, but if could start a thread mentioning cats, combi boilers and CFLs in one go we could get there faster.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In message , Terry Casey writes

Yes , I thought that everyone knew that

Reply to
geoff

I'm tempted but I won't do it. A lot of people take a dim view of me. Plus I do not know enough of combi boilers and CFLs. Firth would seize his chance for revenge on all of the arguments he lost to me.

Mr Pounder

Reply to
Mr Pounder

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying something like:

I suppose the Brave New World of TonyGordon then Dave ushered that in - a New Expectation of Fuck All. What a pity that the word 'Insurance' in 'National Insurance' apparently doesn't mean what it used to mean.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

In message , geoff writes

The NI pension fund has a surplus of about £50bn which has been usurped by successive governments by a variety of means to fund general expenditure thus keeping income tax approximately 2p in the pound lower than it would otherwise be.

Gordon Brown diverted some £2b per annum by a "green tax" ruse which is still running today otherwise the surplus would be even higher

Reply to
hugh

This is why you shouldn't (by law) have anyone running pension schemes other than pension companies. That way it can be regulated and controlled as required. That way we could also have prevented all these unsustainable final salary and payg Ponzi schemes that govts and other have been running, and which are now unravelling.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Sort of. DIethylene glycol was used in Austrian wine. It can be used as an antifreeze, and was gleefully reported by the press as being antifreeze. However, car antifreeze is most likely to be based on ethylene glycol, which is a lot more toxic than diethylene glycol.

Both are sweet tasting - so I am told.

Reply to
Steve Slatcher

Bloody things don't seem to be drinking it.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Well that's cats for you. They NEVER do what you want them to do.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

It was too busy crapping on his sofa

Reply to
geoff

Car antifreeze is indeed sweet.

After I learned this I went and washed _really_ thoroughly, knowing its toxic properties and not the dose.

Lethal dose is over 50 grams. A lot more than you'd get from sticky fingers.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

It has a bitterness agent in it, tastes horrible. I'm not beaten yet! Well, this is my last stand.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Bitterness agent has been added, it now tastes bitter. Halfords.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Condemning an innocent creature to a painful death so that your precious bark chippings aren't disturbed makes you a lunatic of the first order. Get a life, or a Russian call girl, or something

Reply to
stuart noble

Yes, preferably a well used one with all the binus extras (syphilis, etc...).

Reply to
Bob Eager

Cats were made by God, so don't blame the owner

ARWadsworth