Re: @#*%)^@ Cats!

We had a "neighborhood" cat that died of old age last fall. Over the winter, the voles decimated my crocus plantings and damaged a lot of other things. This spring, I've had a plague of rabbits. I've now noted that a new cat has started taking over the "territory", and have decided that I'll gladly put up with the occasional cat scat in return for rodent control.

Sue, who is bribing the resident groundhow with cantaloupe rinds. snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Zone 6, Southcentral PA

I swear I'm going to start shooting these blasted cats. I just walked out > to the kitchen to get some apple juice. I look out the front door and > notice a neighborhood cat squatting in my new bed -- you know, the one I > just created and mulched over. Broad daylight, 3:30 in the afternoon and > this cat is using my new bed for a litter box. We had a torrential downpour > last night here -- all of the mulch (cypress mulch by the way) is still wet > and it didn't stop him. > > Maybe I can create a motion sensitive device that will send a focused beam > of electricity at the cat when it squats -- a Tesla ray gun. Turn them into > instant fertilizer. > > GRRRRRRR.... > > James > >
Reply to
SugarChile

Obviously, your problem is that you haven't been getting enough pussy!!!

Either you should stop sleeping in your garden or keep your windows closed so that cats can't shit in your bed. You paint a really strange picture.

A Tesla ray gun? You're really trippin', dude.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Thorns....lots of dry, dead. sharp thorns. Find some blackberry bushes and get some dead ones (and some berries too while you're at it :) They're almost in season up here).

Dan

Reply to
dstvns

See the cat poll

Dvd

Please don't harm innocent animals that don't know any better.

Try these:

(probably the best)

-PP

"JNJ" wrote:

Reply to
Pelvis Popcan

Yeah right! As if spraying a racoon with water will dissuade it from ripping into your garden.

Trapping is about the only way to deal with them (although I use a high voltage electric fence around fruit trees at harvest time) and a quick submergence in the trap (say 10 minutes or so) under water to make sure they are REALLY clean before you 'release' them......

Reply to
Bill Spohn

Drowning is a slow and painful death for animals as large as raccoons. Although it was once considered acceptable, it is no longer considered humane. If you must kill, consider humane methods, please.

Tyra

Reply to
Tyra Trevellyn

What are the considered "humane methods" for killing animals please.... I'm assuming raccoons, squirrels, groundhogs, possums, etc.

I'm not a troll, I think some of these animals can be / are pretty destructive esp. in agricultural communities.... Also having been bitten twice by unleashed dogs on my property, I'm not a dog lover, but let's not discuss putting down dogs.

So broaden my education just a little..... are there humane methods of killing animals without taking a shitload of them to the local vet and paying for lethal injections.

Reply to
Curious

Call animal control and let them do the dirty work for you.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

Yeah sure, blame the cat for you putting your top heavy plant someplace that it can readily fall over.

You should try to be an adult and accept the blame for creating a situation where the plant could fall over in the first place. It would appear that the plant was long overdue for repotting.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

This is definitely not my area and I hope, if you're as serious as you say, you get some input from those with good information.

However, if you're a farmer or live in an agricultural community, you already know the answer to your question. So I'm assuming you're living in a residential area and don't like the incursion of the local wildlife on your property. No matter, though, because aside from building an inpenetrable domed fortress, you'll not be free of them because they live there. A "shitload" of animals? Are you really declaring war on the entire native wildlife population? (Note that some species are protected by law.)

Humane methods of animal destruction are methods whereby the animal is quickly and painlessly rendered unconscious. A well-placed bullet, a blunt-force head trauma, severed carotid arteries, sufficient electrical or chemical input, etc. And of course these methods would need a very efficient administrator to carry them out humanely.....

Tyra nNJ usa

Reply to
Tyra Trevellyn

for many of us there is no humanity in killing for conveinience....from here it seems the ultimate in conspicuous consumption.

namaste, tomj

Reply to
Tom Jaszewski

I'm part of that 'us,' Tom. I was paraphrasing various bits of information that serve as guidelines for the agricultural and livestock industries, as well as for veterinary medicine. I'm sure you'll agree humane killing is indicated in certain situations. If the OP happened upon an animal that was suffering, I'd want him to see that there are options aside from drowning it. I certainly wasn't condoning or encouraging killing for convenience.

Believing in the infinite grace of living things, Tyra nNJ usa z7

Reply to
Tyra Trevellyn

The post was about a cat. I suppose you would torture and murder that too?

You should seek professional psychological help.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Bill Spohn) wrote:

Reply to
Pelvis Popcan

I have read that, for humans at least, drowning is one of the easiest ways to die. You inhale water into your lungs, then pass out from lack of oxygen. No real pain is involved, at least according to the drowning victims reports that I read. Obviously, they were rescued and revived before giving the report.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Discharging a gun outside is illegal in my city. I suspect this is true in many cities.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List

the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Unfortunately, I receive no money, gifts, discounts or other compensation for all the damn work I do, nor for any of the endorsements or recommendations I make.

Reply to
dr-solo

- look under 'pest control' for Cat Scat Mats or something. They are little plastic spike strips. Since you have a new bed you could incorporate them in there w/the plants and they'll just grow around them.

I have them on the top of my cement wall to keep the big critters out.

LeeAnne

Reply to
LeeAnne

Do you ever have anything of value to add to this group?

Reply to
sparkie

Are you blind as well as mentally deficient, sparkplug, you stupid asshole?

I have been giving useful advice all along.

My reply was perfectly acceptable. It was the person who was at fault not the cat.

Now you are at fault because you're not an adult either.

So, what is you problem besides having a penis for a brain?........Somebody else's penis, that is!

Now go back to trying to count your number of testicles.

Does your mother know how you got all that hair all over your palms?

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-