OT Car insurance

What a load of bollocks.

Churchill are £150 cheaper using moneysupermarket than on their own website

Neither they or DirectLine can find my car from the numberplate.

Thanks to asking a smart person I saved £50 by insuring my mother to drive it and she has never seen the car. Wave if you want for that tip.

Some trouble about where it is parked in the day time and overnight. It's parked outside the house most of the year day and night and never moves, I only use it when I have to.

Rant over.

Reply to
ARW

Not done yet. Just got an email with this

Free with this policy: Doctor-led weight loss and wellbeing programme worth £199 from Vavista.

Well I know that trousers were made with incorrect sizes a few years ago (probably when I was 40) other posters may have also have had the same problem.

That's why I now have to wear a 37" not a 35" waist trousers.

But do you really want the car insurance co taking the piss?

Reply to
ARW

My problem is more with diet and exercise, than the labels on trousers :-(

Reply to
Andy Burns

Just waiting to see if the rant *really* is over...

Reply to
Richard

Yes.

Now ranting about one legged wheelchair users on the "Thank you, UK D-I-Yers" thread.

Reply to
ARW

So are you saying that adding your mother as an extra driver is cheaper than you on your own then? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Value added services, Watch out for the pizza ads. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Sort of. She was the third driver I added.

Reply to
ARW

Nice one.

IIRC it's a good idea to make sure she knows the make and model of the car; even better to get her to drive it sometime (eg 2 metres forwards, then back again).

Reply to
Robin

"A beginner?s guide to dark chocolate", "10 reasons why chocolate is good for you"

Probably aimed at the Waitrose end of the market

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I refuse to let diet and exercise inconvenience me in any way :-)

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

I'll start with telling her the colour. The Indian driving test can come later.

Although an MOT check I did today said my work van was grey. It's not, it's silver.

Reply to
ARW

Grey is probably cheaper.

Mole's Breath or Dimpse would add an extra £500 to the premium.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Until your feet fall off with gangrene after all the nerves and blood vessels have died.

Reply to
Andrew

Do they check if mother is actually still alive ?.

Reply to
Andrew

For most people that isn't a normal problem.

Reply to
whisky-dave

The car is not registered to the Bates Motel:-) And I am not in Japan

I have no idea if they do check. Although she is still alive (and demanding tickets to see Spirit of the Dance for an Xmas present).

Reply to
ARW