OT Car insurance.

Where have you been?? New customers always get better deals than loyal customers these days.
Regarding automatic renewal, I've just found out that I've had two simultaneous policies on the same car with Direct line thanks to them automatically renewing after I had taken out a new policy with them (at nearly £200 cheaper). Possibly my fault but I've always asked them to NOT auto-renew but clearly I got caught out by not paying attention. Fortunately they've fully refunded the more expensive policy.
A tip for the future though, if you pay with American Express, they won't auto-renew.
Tim

I used a price comparison site once for car insurance. It didn't save me much and I did get some spam.
One thing to watch out for is that the policy I was sold had less cover than the 'standard' policy from the same insurer.
Since both I and my car are old[1] there little to save for me but YMMV, of course.
[1] I pay the "minimum" premium
--
(\__/) M.
On 14/01/15 16:29, Mark wrote:

Indeed - you often get some more knows to tick when you click through to the actual insurers.
and you have to watch for silly things like say Liverpool & Victoria, whilst a bit cheaper than AXA for house insurance, DO require you lock your window locks (and fit them as well IIRC).
AXA make zero mention of window locks.
The benefits of PDF T&C's - very easy to double check this stuff.
OTOH Liverpool and Victoria were a good £150 cheaper for my car than the previous lot and if you have a question, do answer the phone pretty fast with a british person (as do AXA). So you're right in that one must double check the fine print.

That's what I did and yes. Because it was an electric car, only nineteen companies quoted. But I had instant emails from the top seven or eight.

But its completely trivial to use a disposable email address if you don’t want any spam.
On Wed, 14 Jan 2015 16:29:18 -0000, "harryagain"

I wouldn't describe a instant response to a quote request as spam. I was referring to getting emails trying to sell other types of insurance or further emails a year later.
--
(\__/) M.

It didn't with this shower. They came up with all sorts of fantastic reasons. It was then I looked on the internet and found a quote (From the same company) for exactly the same money as last year. Even then they cam up with yet more BS.
So they try to rip off existing customers.

Well I'm glad something good came out of this post.

Well yes, there was that too.

I sometimes put "999" for this.
--
(\__/) M.