OT but useful

I used AVG, Spybot, Superantispyware and Malwarebytes before I tried it out. It found four infections and I'm careful where I go. It seems to be safe and has good reviews. Thanks for reading. Now, lets get back to Muslim bashing ..........

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder scribbled

Brilliant - now we can get 68 false positives.

Reply to
Jonno

I think there's some truth in that. I have Kaspersky Pure, and run a scan every night. I ran Herdprotect. The first time through it said it found no malware. I repeated the scan, as it suggests you should, and it found 40 items, all associated with Askpartnernetwork. As I don't use Ask, don't know how it came to be on my machine and don't particularly want it, I got Herdprotect to delete them, but I suspect they were false positives.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Seemed to work fine, but it has cream crackered Google chrome!

Reply to
Broadback

Not a great surprise. Google Chrome was recently found to be the most insecure browser, even worse than IE.

or

mick

Yes, there is a fine line between useful and over the top.

I think the problem is that nobody really knows where the next threat will come from, but then again, no anti virus I know is able to trace the path of every process in every eventuality to see if its malware or not, if it did you would take longer scanning than actually using the computer!

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Stop moaning, it's free.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

So are smallpox and bubonic plague.

michael adams

michael adams

attributions corrected

So are smallpox and bubonic plague.

michael adams

michael adams

"Some items might be queued for additional scanning by *our cloud services*." Is that not an open door to "we download your files and..."

Reply to
jake

Pounder could not catch a cold.

Reply to
ARW

Why would I wish to?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

From where please? (I suspect there's a nice reward for information leading to their recapture.)

Reply to
Robin

Smallpox is locked up in a few labs. They're supposed to be secure, but I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few BW outfits holding some.

Bubonic plague, on the other hand, isn't even an endangered species. There's an outbreak in Madagascar right now - and it's endemic in parts of the USA.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

It was indeed the smallpox I had in mind. And the "few labs" number 2 - one each in the USA and Russia. But I thought michael adams might have a DIY source: eg from application of angle grinder to a body in the Siberian permafrost :)

Reply to
Robin

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Scorn is free as well, in case you hadn't noticed.

michael adams

michael adams

You sound like one of those nasty men that Mrs Pounder has warned me about. Why can't you be pleasant and sociable like me?

Reply to
Mr Pounder

To prove that you are smarter than a common virus.

Reply to
ARW

Throughout my life I have been plagued by the common cold. I always had a cold. Since I stopped dealing with the public every single day I've only had the one cold, and that was a Muslim suicide cold.

Reply to
Mr Pounder