OT Advice wanted [Foodbanks for the traveller]

Hi there.

Can anyone suggest where One can get maps showing the location of food banks in Greece and Ireland?

One might get homesick for a bit of good old British past the sell by date crud that is so plentiful in blighty.

I'm aware of the food banks in Northern Ireland, but the roumours are that they will be closing now that they have got the English to stump up with the bribe money.

Strange isn't it? search engines dont seem to pull up many foodbanks outside the UK.

A Google problem perchance? :-)

Maybe a Conservative problem :-(

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Possibly because you're searching using the English word foodbank, and foreign websites intended for foreign users of foreign foodbanks will be written in, er, foreign?

"Food bank use in Germany and France is allegedly much higher than in Britain. In 2014, 1.5 million people a week used food banks in Germany[69][70] and, according to Toby Young, there are twice as many food banks in France as there are in Britain.[39]"

If you search using the other-language terms for food bank you will probably find local websites. You can also start at

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

They use English across the water, and there is one foodbank. It was in place may years back and is run by St Vincent De Paul.

Now across the border in the North, where the Conservatives and their terrorist friends hold sway, there are loads.

Of course the EU and Labour are to blame are they not?

Maybe it's all those pesky Polish gorging themselves on the past the sell by date stuff.

Or the disabled, having chosen to fritter away their bloated benefits package on a second bedroom, then go and guzzle the smartprice baked beans at the food bank.

Got forbid that the bankers on their swollen bonuses, or the MP's with their tax fiddles and umpteen other interests should contribute or get any blame.

I have just returned from Ireland, it has turned around totally in the last 12 months.

Now One wonders what the difference is? It's certainly becoming clear to me.

Every day the stupid pathetic performance by May and her cabal, trying to relate to people with an education and intelligence, confirms that they are not fit to run a car boot sale, let alone a country.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

I am puzzled, in my ignorance I believed that food banks were for the peeps who could not afford to buy it, not to supply peeps who can afford holidays with comfort food.

Reply to
Broadback

Apart from those whose benefits are stopped through sanctioning, who can't afford food?

Reply to
Fredxx

They are not holidays.

We are now at the point where people are at the point where EU treatment for hips etc is still possible, any delay will mean that the British will be left to a life of pain or addiction.

Money for EU treatment must be made up front and then claimed back from the NHS.

If people are using their life savings to get treatment, food banks are probably easier than arranging state support in other EU countries.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

So why not Google for FOODBANK:-)?

Reply to
ARW

:)

Reply to
Richard

At a rough guess foreign users in the UK would not need foodbanks.

If their home country provided social security, they would be entitled to it in the UK.

The Irish government would not expect someone from the south to have to rely on charity when they are in another EU country, not if they don't have to rely on charity at home.

They would also have the decency to provide for other EU nationals in Ireland were it not a legal duty anyway. Charity is not something built into the Irish welfare system.

One is tempted to wonder what happens when the UK exports the odd disabled or penniless individual, do they send a box of Asda Smartprice beans around to the appropriate embassy?

Some of the Brits in Spain must be at foodbank poverty level now that the exchange rates been so low. Anyone seen crates of chips outside the Spanish embassy?

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

You missed it.

Reply to
ARW

You typed too fast. F O O D B A N K!

Reply to
Richard

Too subtle :-(

Yes, I was a bit slow, I'm afraid.

:-)

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

That's better, I know where you are coming from now.