OT (a little) DAB radios and battery life

Thanks a lot. Others have also quoted that charger -- must have a look.

John

Reply to
Another John

Yes, and some ebays sell stuff that doesn't work and even fake goods.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Tronic is just a (Lidl?) brand name. I've seen several different chargers on offer at Lidl branded Tronic.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Unless you need fast charge then there isn't much point in replacing a working battery charger until it stops working or becomes damaged.

I have a small one for 4xAA/AAA 2x9v and a big one that will do 6 of anything up to D cells. Both will do NiMH or NiCad automatically though my stock of elderly NiCads is slowly failing. I prefer to buy low self discharge NiMH now but they charge just the same as older NiMHs. (they hold their charge much better on the shelf though)

Reply to
Martin Brown

Internet radio works fine and the bitrate for music quality is OK too. There is a fair bit more time lag behind satellite, DAB or TDTV.

Ranking of audio quality with decent kit in my estimation is roughly

Internet > Satellite > TDTV > FM > DAB > AM > LW

TDTV and FM are roughly on a par but TDTV has less obvious quiet time noise. You can also listen to a very wide selection of channels from round the world on an Internet radio.

Reply to
Martin Brown

I do have pretty well all the formats available at the main system - but this thread seemed to be more about 'what do I use for the kitchen (etc) radio'.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The local Lidl had them last Sunday. There was still stock today.

Reply to
Capitol