Off-Thread replies...

Hehehe! Reminds me of my Mum describing Dads new car to a neighbour. It was a Vauxhall Chevette - Mum described it as a "hunchback" (it was a hatchback of course!).

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay

Well how flaming sad I feel for you.

Internet has not yet become subject to political correctness and social responsibility, so I feel totally able to say that if you don't like the style, you can piss off out of it.

Who gave YOU the right to dictate what should and what should not constitute a valid Usenet posting.

IF I want to relate my experiences of stuffing gerbils up the back passage of a Rumanian yak on UK.D-i-Y, and someone else wants to express and opinon on it here, then so we jolly well shall. So there!

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is it? Its all greek to me :-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

More like a condom.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well how about that. I didn't even POST A QUESTION and I solved my D-I-Y problem,

and three lights are now working that were not earlier.

Having disassembled the electronic transformer on the LV lights, resoldered every joint that looked suspect, removed the transistors , looked up the part numbers on google, identfied that they were indeed just transistors, tested them, the fuse, the diodes and indeed every other component I could find, I then was pondering the fizz spackle flicker effect that had preceded the failure over some days...and noticed that the one of contacts that plug it all into the track system showed a nasty arcy sparky sort of burn...Ho hum I thought, sanded it flat with the emery paper that is always littering the floor of the Model Aeroplane Factory, and went back downstairs to discover that one of the rails was loose in the track unit, and might well not have been fully located in the transformer.

Further work with the trusty emery paper and screwdriver, and a judicious pinky inserted in the other end of the track (lacking the normally obligatory gerbil) resulted in adequate geometrical colocation of transformer contact and track, and Abdullah Shabdullah, as the light switch was jerked, the bloody thing worked, and the cat jumped over the spoon...and the spouse was over the moon...

I wouldn't normally bore you with the hilarity of subsequently visiting the in-laws folks and seeing the new puppy attack and demolish a dog ten times its size - feisty little bastard... *i* don't like that dog either - which bodes well for synchronicity and morphogenetic fields, and indeed general burglar alarmishness of the canine kind...but having seen direct evidence of such paranormal manifestations, I realised that in fact, I had to rush back here to pose the actual question, to which I had obviously received the answer via a period of living backwards in time.

So, "How do I make my light work again?"

That is the question...

Regards, The once and future savant. Nee mage. Or is it Nay, mage?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The ansaer is ismple. Hire a diger and build a 4.2m mound out of the spoil you generate to make a pond, and stand on that.

Afterwards, you can take all your household waste, obviating the need for the skip, and any theiving pikey bastards that don't read Usenet, throw the lot in the pond and FILL IT IN AGAIN, this solving four prtoblems simultaneously, and indeed, what to do wityh the moher in law if you are so inclined.

Then plant a nice tree on top, and enjoy watching paint dry whilst it grows.

Hmm. I think I must be running a fever. Did I really write all this s**te?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Marble Arch. The initials make the point.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Indeed klargesters are the rule

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Berkeley square. The initials make the point.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I would have pointed that out, but thought it would show him up rather badly.

In fact, the only Kosher reply would have been Golders Green.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, if you do/did it all on your own, without any assistance from a professional yak-stuffer, then I would say that it constituted D-I-Y ;-)

Reply to
parish

"BigWallop" wrote in news:uDyUa.132$ snipped-for-privacy@news-text.cableinet.net:

I got the elbow because I was too short.

(Wasn't tall enough either)

Mike R

Reply to
Mike Ring

(conflicting)

Hee Hee Hee !!! Yes !!! We're slowly getting to you as well. Moahahahahahaha !!!! :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

(conflicting)

So it was just loose then ?

Reply to
BigWallop

But does it meet BS, or should that be YS. I suppose it really depends on what type of S a yak has, and the fact that does the gerbil meet it on the way in.

Reply to
BigWallop

I think it may be by next Wednesday - as far as one can tell with a narrative of that sort! ;O) I think he should get his own BBC2 series with collage video graphics called 25 or some such; it could start with an announcement saying "the following events happened next week some time" ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

In message , Mike Ring writes

Sorry, Clapham rules apply

Reply to
geoff

I do hope yours is red white and blue !

Reply to
geoff

In message , BigWallop writes

That surely depends on whether the hairs get caught or not

Reply to
geoff

In message , Gnube writes

What a good idea for a T-shirt