Off-Thread replies...

Decidedly fishy and way off scale. ("scale" get it, as in fish scale) (I'll get me' coat) :-)

Reply to
BigWallop

scaffolding.

Sky hooks BW, that is the way to hold yourself up when scarfing the old bargeboard.

What you do is fix a couple of hooks into the nearest static cloud, suspend a couple of ropes off these and the tie a scaffold board to the ropes to work off and dropping a rope ladder down to climb up to the scaffold board.

Never did quite figure out though what you do when the cloud decides its had enough and moves off.

Sorry, off topic and I should have suggested this in alt.cloud.scaffold.bargeboard.

Brian.

Reply to
Brian

Slated for this weekend. Looks like a bit of roof tiling is in order too. Been too wet'n'windy since I bought the ladder. I'm off up it tonight to measure up and remove a tile as an example for rummaging in the reclamation yard tomorrow morning.

Now the hard question is do I go to the reclamation yard before or after trying to find the shortest piece of barge board I can at the builder's merchants/timber yard?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Ashby

Given what I've seen at odd times, I'm not entirely convinced that /anything/ is built to deal with that! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

So, next week, "how to nail blancmange to the ceiling", but back to tonight, and after the break it's "creative soot juggling".

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

I'd consider that one landed, I'll get the scales! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Reminds me of one of my favourite sayings, "Bringing up teenagers is like trying to nail jelly to a tree".

That's a Black Art.

Reply to
parish

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Abdullah Eyles) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Now that's what *I* call a result

Mike R

Reply to
Mike Ring

Somebody should also point out that this is a uk group, so it should be humour.

Reply to
John Armstrong

Get the board first, then at least you'll get one job done. :-)) These yards can be very addictive.

Reply to
BigWallop

"Peter Ashby" wrote | Slated for this weekend. Looks like a bit of roof tiling is | in order too.

You'd better get some slaters in before you get slaters in :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

"Peter Ashby" wrote | > Never did quite figure out though what you do when the cloud decides | > its had enough and moves off. | To do this you need a large fan mounted on a tower, this can then be | used to oppose any air movements which might cause your cloud to depart.

If you have a large fan blowing upwards, you could stand over it wearing a kilt and control the speed with a dimmer switch so the airstream blew you gently up to the top of the tower.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

In message , Nick Nelson writes

Didn't you see those small rubber rings during your last visit to Anne Summers?

Reply to
geoff

This thread needs a lot of circuvision and rounding off, to bring it back on topic of being on the subject of off topic.

(ow !!! need to lie down in a darkened room now) 8~)(

Reply to
BigWallop

This is getting interesting. Can you elaborate more on this please ?

(me' gets notebook ready, as there may be a movie script in the offing) :-))

Reply to
BigWallop

In message , Owain writes

Reply to
geoff

klargesters

Big septic treatment tank, or 'Off-mains sewerage solution' as they put it. Mind you I never trust a TV anchor in a shiny suit.

Reply to
Toby

In message , Toby writes

I can see I'll have to start calling them merkins instead

Reply to
geoff

Mary McPoppins? ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

I'm getting seriously worried about this newsgroup. uk.d-i-y seems to have got its feeds mixed up somewhere with uk.fetish.take-me-im-yours. ;)

Andrew

Do you need a handyman service? Check out our web site at

Andrew McKay