of these in London

Wake up, Khan, stop the agenda-loaded hounding drivers and concentrate on things providing facilities like this:

[Safe]
Reply to
Spike

Am 14/02/2024 um 16:07 schrieb Spike:

Even those dirty and lazy Italians have better metros:

Ottavio Caruso

So we should rip out the functioning Underground system that we already have, and replace it wih another. Yep, that makes perfect sense.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Have you ever commuted on LU?

Reply to
Spike

Not since around 1974 and it was shit then.

More diseases in the Tube than Porton Down. And parasites. People crawling with lice and fleas, miserable morons crawling from a shit flat to a shit job...no thanks.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Nearly 60 years ago, yes. My route was Southfields <-> Earls Court <-> South Ken.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So you’ll be familiar with how grubby and run-down most of it is.

Reply to
Spike

Daily in 1956, from Hounslow East to Hammersmith. Annual season ticket was £4.17/6.

Reply to
Smolley

His Alzeihmer's memory is stuck at 1954.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Fucking hell. I wasn't even born 60 years ago and this dinosaur Tim is teaching me life lessons!

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Fucking hell. You're as good as dead.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Probably soon, but I grew up in the best period, plenty of good jobs, easy to buy a house, no overcrowding at hospitals. Car insurance £36 for Ford Zodiak mk2. We had 5 local cinemas, Trolley Buses and Greenline routes.

Reply to
Smolley

You clearly need it.

Reply to
Smolley

Yet your generation f***ed it up.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

Do you do skype lessons from your care home? Do you know what day it is today?

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

You are demonstrating one of the classic signs of low self esteem and low self worth. You should be able to get free treatment for it on the NHS.

Reply to
Smolley

It all went downhill after 1973.

Reply to
Fredxx

Yes, today may be your lucky day in tat you finally understand your fundamental need to wise up.

Oh, and the expression is "doddering old fossil", not "dinosaur" IF you don't mind.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Certainly a lot of it could do with a lick of paint and better track maintenance so the trains don't sound like the they're running over broken rails.

Still, back then you were lucky to have two carriages which were no-smoking, whereas today ...

And some of the rolling stock dated back to the 1920s/1930s. And while there's still ancient stock, quite a lot is modern and even air-conditioned, AIUI.

It would be even better with driverless trains.

Reply to
Tim Streater

While the Paris system isn’t especially attractive, it is cheap, clean, and efficient.

Public transport in Luxembourg - even parking at train stations- is free, except First Class. Spotlessly clean, efficient, …..

Reply to
Brian