of these in London

I didn't know that.

Luxembourg's other attractive characteristic is that it has the lowest fuel taxes in western Europe. So much so that there is little point in there being any petrol stations in adjacent countries which are too near the border.

Reply to
JNugent

Especially so from 1979 when the ghastly Thatcher took the reins.

Reply to
R Souls

Not really. It was the Nasty Party under Thatcher's direction.

Reply to
R Souls

Blimey, so young! Didn't you know you need to be a geriatric gammon to post here?

Reply to
R Souls

Which the Victoria Line could have had for the last half-century.

Reply to
Joe

.......and he mail train has always had.

Reply to
Smolley

The price of a coffee in Luxembourg enough to pay back for the free transport. I was there in 1985. No freebies then.

Reply to
Ottavio Caruso

The price of public transport in Italy means nothing to me. I have only ever been there by car: Calais - Charleroi - Luxembourg (|refill at Aire de Kapellen) - Metz - Nancy - Strasbourg - Freiburg - Basel - St Gotthard tunnel - Chiasso - Como - Milan - Parma - La Spezia - Pisa - Rome.

Good place for an overnight stop: Bad Krozingen.

Reply to
JNugent

No effective treatment for cancer or a whole range of other conditions. More than 50% of the population smoked, so if you didn't then after spending all day in a workplace surrounded by people who did, then travelling home on the tube/train/bus was equally smoky. Arrive home smelling like a dirty ashtray.

Yuk. Those days are gone. Good Riddance.

Average life of a Ford anything, away from the dry eastern counties, was about 7 years tops before the chassis legs of the monocoque rotted away.

Reply to
Andrew