of chain saws v bow saws

Following on from the recent thread, today we had to severely trim back

2 apple trees that had got badly over grown. After 30 mins with a bow saw/pole saw combination I gave up, got out the mini chain saw on a pole (Actually a Stihl split boom strimmer with a mini chain saw attachment) and did more work with it in 5 minutes, truly, than two of us did faffing around with the hand operated jobbies in the previous 30.

Branch could be lopped in seconds, no problem with branch moving on the tree as happens with a pole saw, and as soon as the branch had dropped it could be trimmed to a suitable size, again in seconds instead of struggling with a bow saw.

No competition.

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Could you possibly give me the model numbers or a web reference?

Thanks, Al

Reply to
Al Reynolds

HT-KM

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

Cheers. Direct link for non-frames browsers is:

Al Reynolds