Odd flex

Makes some sense, I did wonder :D

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I only got lost in Rutherford because it was nearer to my college, which was Darwin!

The killer is that, having mastered one of either Rutherford or Eliot, you then go to the other and get lost again because they are (near) mirror images. And Eliot has more floors, but only in some places.

Reply to
Bob Eager

And Darwin was easier still, being just a Y-shaped layout.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Indeed. Same for me when I first work in a new building such as a school, hospital, multi storey apartments or big offices etc.

This is two 2 bedroomed terraced houses that have been knocked into one office building. It's not that big.

Not a lot to it really.

Most external doors open inwards......

Reply to
ARW

Lol

Reply to
tabbypurr

That sounds very much like a made-up mnemonic. Unless he thought that blood fertilises (battle) fields.

Reply to
Max Demian

This does prove inventing reasons for which colours were chosen simply doesn't work. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Live equals dead and the earth is red. But thought the other German flex colour was white. Ie, the master race rather than neutral.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

and the USA. Also, for the U.S. Black = Hot (Remember black is the color of death). White is neutral Green is ground

Reply to
whisky-dave

Not much use in the Nevada desert, then? Most earth is, well, earth coloured. Somewhere between sand and black? Green suggests vegetation - not earth.

Hot. Flame is most commonly red.

Neutral usually means 'not definitive'. On the colour spectrum, I'd guess grey represents that most closely.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

More years ago than I care to remember I had a list, cut out of a magazine, of the wiring colours for every country in Europe.

It was in the days before the average person had access to photocopiers so it was stuck inside my pocket diary and carefully transferred from diary to diary every year.

No two countries used the same colours and the colours we use now were chosen to be different from every other known combination so that the could be no confusion once the new scheme became standardised in every country.

Reply to
Terry Casey

Actually, if you look at my reply to the post from Nightjar you will see that there was a *very* good reason for the choice of colours now standardised across Europe!

Reply to
Terry Casey

So what colour is earth in the UK then brown ? or just shit coloured ?

But the hotest stars appear blue.

Or clear, transparent.

Reply to
whisky-dave

Sometimes it's red.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I wasn't referring to that. But to the reasons people from various countries gave for that country's choice of colours in the old days. Everyone thinks their particular country used the most sensible colours.

I'm surprised Brexiteers don't want to go back to the good ol' UK flex colours, rather than the current foreign muck.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have little left over - perhaps I could corner the market?

Reply to
charles

Don't think I've seen it red but I'm guessing it can be seen as any colour now what colour is the planet Earth.

Reply to
whisky-dave

And they say students aren't as bright as they used to be ;-)

Reply to
Brian Reay

a wander (or drive) to Raglan will show you some very red soil.

Reply to
charles

You weren't there. Twisty little passages all alike...

Reply to
Bob Eager