Rectangular Flex Duct?

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as rectangular flex ducting? I am installing an over-the-range microwave and its vent slot does not line up with the one currently in place through my cupboard. Since the cupboard is wider than the microwave, I need to go about 6" over with my rectangular duct through the cupboard. I figure the best way to do this would be with flex ducting, or by cutting a straight duct at an angle and fitting it. Anyone have any ideas?

Reply to
mindseye11

Microwaves dont need ducting just airflow around them, all sides is best. dont push vent tight to wall.

Reply to
m Ransley

NO rectangular flex duct. DO NOT use flex duct for kitchen exhausts, they are designed for fresh filtered air only.

I put mine together with rectangular duct and metal tape, took awhile but it worked well and is air tight. If you making 90 elbows go an size bigger to allow for the turn. I remember that an 90 turn is equal to 10 feet of straight duct for static pressure.

Reply to
SQLit

If you draw a nice diagram with measurements you can have a custom duct fitting made at a sheet metal shop or maybe an air conditioning contractor.

Reply to
John Grabowski

i think he is probably talking about a cooktop exhaust hood underneath the microwave.

Reply to
bill a

This application requires 26 gage sheet metal because of fire reasons. Any type of flex is likely to be plastic (not the best for containing a fire). The corrigations of any flexible material will trap grease and create a much nicer fire in your ductwork. Take careful measurements and have a proper transition fitting made by a local sheet metal shop. With their fancy new CAD/CAM plasma cutters it's a snap to make anything you can think of.

Good Luck

Reply to
Inspector D

replying to mindseye11, Jjamt67 wrote: Did you find something that worked. We are having sane problem

Reply to
Jjamt67