Noisy TRV.

I recently replaced one of my radiators and took the opportunity to
fit a TRV. (There are none fitted to any of the other radiators).
Now the radiator (or just the valve?) makes a loud noise when the
system is running - not quite a hissing noise - more like a "rushing
of water" type noise.
If I turn the TRV up or down a notch, the noise stops for 5 minutes.
then starts again.
Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks,
Mark.
Reply to
mark.hannah
Is the TRV bi-directional? If it is, you may well have installed it set for the 'wrong' direction. If it's like ours, you simply remove the sensor head, rotate a collar and then reinstall the head. No need to get wet!
Reply to
I'm not sure - how do I tell if it's bi-directional? It doesn't stop the radiator from getting hot at all - everything seems to work just fine.
Thanks, Mark.
Reply to
mark.hannah
What did it say on the box?
If you've not got the box then perhaps someone will be ale to tell you if you post details of the make and model on here or do a search on the manufacturer's website.
Reply to
It should have an arrow on the body indicating the recommended direction of flow. Modern good quality TRVs such as Danfoss, Pegler, Honeywell etc are bi-directional and quiet. If yours is a cheaper make then it may not be bi-directional or quiet.
Davy
Reply to
Davy

Site Timeline Threads