No wind, and now, no sun..

Gridwatch is worth watching this evening.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Wind, just 90MW from about 8GW capacity. Solar. 0GW fromm about 4GW

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm still waiting for harry to tell us how we apply for a refund for the lack of output from all this kit that we have bought and paid for.

Reply to
Tim Streater

such a useful contribution from wind - not

Reply to
charles

Indeed!, France is hitting the Red parts of the dials too!....

Reply to
tony sayer

Just got an email..

"Wind is now 80 MW, not sure I've ever seen it so low. And the Sun has set. We've been exporting to France for most of the day as these double trades would indicate, but we're now importing 1.7 GW and everything else looks like eye balls out. My lights are still on. But in a few months time, Longannet and its 2.4 GW will be gone."

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'm missing something here: Gridwatch UK shows UK importing 2GW from France, but Gridwatch France shows France importing 0.85GW from the UK, AIUI. What am I misunderstanding?

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Maybe someone implemented my idea that if you expect others to pay for your toys (while you play with them all by yourself) you shouldn't

*also* be able to use ours? So currently he has no lights or Internet so can't reply or get onto his online banking to repay some of what he has stolen from us? ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

That's cos the import export french stats are essentially broken

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I'll say! 2GW going into both UK and France ATM! There must be a 4GW generator sitting on the Channel floor that nobody knows about. Saw something yesterday on our local TV about the FAB France Alderney England interconnector and how tidal generators sitting on the sea floor off Alderney would feed into it. Must be up and running already!

Chris Hogg

Gridwatch has no means of recording PV panel output on private house roofs (where most of them are) Today it has been wall to wall sunshine here West Midlands. Max possible electricity production. You are so parochial.

Reply to
harry

I paid for it not you. Today (19 Jan) has been max possible production, wall to wall sunshine. And cold which also helps.

Reply to
harry

Indeed, it even says so.

But, driving along the M4 last weekend, I could see fields of them

But not now it's getting colder.

[Snip]
Reply to
charles

What, you paid the FIT theft for all of us? Cool, I'll expect my electricity bill to drop then. ;-)

And you used it all this production yourself I'm guessing ... whilst we paid for it?

But of course that's how it is, you've already admitted it was just a good financial investment on your part (so nothing to do with ecology or fairness etc).

And 'do I know we also subsidise nuclear and other energy sources ..' yes, I do, but no individual is making money out of others for the energy they use for *themselves* ... and certainly not index linked and tax exempt for the next 20+ years!

Shrewd *finantial* investment for *you* ... oh yes, 'us', not so much. ;-(

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

You paid for all the windmills harry? How generous of you.

And it's max possible production for the time of year, only. Unless you're telling me that your solar panels are still producing this evening.

Reply to
Tim Streater

but it's only a short day

Reply to
charles

Did he, and covered all our FIT contributions for the electricity he generated but *used himself*. He *is* a good guy after all! ;-)

Quite.

Of course they are because harrys solutions to the worlds energy needs mean that it doesn't cost anyone else anything and his panels work in the dark and when covered in snow. Heck, they even earn him money! ;-)

No, hang on, that can't be true ... even harrys panels can't work all night (or many days for that matter) and we *do* all contribute to the energy he generates but uses himself? So much for it being of benefit to society ... (but at least harry is doing well (off us all)).

I'll have to write to his suppliers (again) and get him cut off *our* grid ... after all, he wouldn't miss it, even on a day like today. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Wot .. we gonna do then?.

Seems France hasn't got that much in reserve unless the dials need a re- calibrate?.

They all look maxed out?.

Reply to
tony sayer

Bollocks..