No sockets? That's not a problem

I arrived at a school today with only two keys. One for the main gate and one for the new mains electrical room. The new supply is not yet there.

Bugger. The mains room has not got a 230V socket. A quick look around the empty caretakers house discovered that it did not have an external cut out so I could not pinch a feed from there.

So I made a phone call and had a full set of cordless power tools dropped off. Whilst the tools were delivered I made up a temporary socket.

make things worse the light had pushfit terminals that only took two cables per terminal and was wired in singles. The first neutral I disconnected was the incoming one:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

too much insulation

NT

Reply to
NT

too much insulation on what?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

all the live bits

Reply to
NT

It was a play on the words 'too much information'.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

very surprised you don't have BC - 13A and croc clips - 13A adapters already to hand.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The old leccy board guys used to regularly boil their kettles using leads croc clipped nto feeder pillar busbars in the sub stations

Reply to
cynic

Easier than buying a three phase kettle.

Reply to
Sam Plusnet