Half round 10mm x 20mm wood mouldings

Help!

Does anyone know where I can buy a couple of 2.4m lengths of half round wood moulding 10mm radius and width 20mm diameter. The only place I can find that will do it has a minimum order of a palette load :(

Closest so far is Wickes 8mm x 18mm half round (but short measure).

case you are wondering it is to exact match details on some old Victorian skirting board using modern stock items.

Thanks for any enlightenment all the usual sources have drawn a blank or would charge at least an arm and a leg to make custom profiles. Somewhere in the North would be preferable if they won't deliver.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

Just a thought. Get some dowel of suitable dimension and cut/plane/sand it to suit. Somewhat labour intensiive but end product should be satisfactory. hth, Nick.

Reply to
Nick

Alas 10mm will be far harder to find than 1/2" (12mm) radius...

One option - but still a tad pricey if you only want 2.4m:

John Rumm

The man needs a router. Then you can spend your days looking for a

10mm radius rounding bit

NT

Reply to
NT

If you can tolerate a slight shift in size, a section of 1" broom stick cut slightly off centre could yield a bit with the required 20mm cross section with just a slight loss of height.

Reply to
John Rumm

You could drill a 20mm hole lengthwise through a 2.4m plank, then re-assemble the shavings to form a cylinder, using superglue. Then cut the cylinder in half longitudinally. Simple really.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I still can't work out what you mean there.

Another option is mount dowel in a drill and sand it down. Then cut in a bandsaw or table saw, with a piece atatched to stop it rotating

NT

Reply to
NT

Well if you cut a 25mm round in half you get two 25mm wide half round sections. Cut slightly left of centre and you get one bit smaller than the other. The smaller one could be 20mm wide, although slightly less than a true "half round"

Reply to
John Rumm