nissan leaf again

PLEASE HAVE FUNCTIONING EYES!

Reply to
Andy Burns

Get a few hours exercise while you wait to creep home ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

and a big rubber sucker on the front, so you can nudge the car in front and have it pull you...

Reply to
John Rumm

for brian reay's information ... THAT WAS A JOKE .......TEE HEE

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

FMurtz

Some outstanding ingenuity in all these replies. You're all a credit to the community. :-D

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

Many years ago, there was a chap from Devon, Tamar Valley way IIRC, who rigged up a van to run on methane made from chicken shit in some sort of home-made digester. He compressed the gas into cylinders in the back of the van and drove to London. I think it was at the time of the oil crisis, three-day week, miner's strike, Grocer Heath PM etc, so 1973/74-ish. It certainly made headlines in the media at the time.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Some can. Mitsubishi make one but it'sa PIHEV

Reply to
harry

ideal for fat boy brian reay ......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

outlandish and doesn't count .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

f*ck the smart arses ....I want something that works ...

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Also in Devon but at Halwill Junction my Dad?s friend had run his Ford consul like that at the time of the Suez crisis and for while after using the effluent from his piggery. He had been in the Royal Engineers during WW2 and was fairly good with machinery and making things and would have been familiar with wood gas powered vehicles which utilised the gas producer on a trailer such as this bus.

By the time I knew him the car had reverted to petrol but he still had the parts hung up in his workshop.

GH

Reply to
Marland

I've got an old curly kettle lead that you can have ...

Reply to
Andrew

There used to be a fleet of city rental cars in a city in France that ran on compressed air.

Reply to
Andrew

Or just tailgate one of the many HGVs trundling along the motorways to benefit from their slipstream.

Reply to
Andrew

even better if it is provided for 'free' by 'motability'.

Reply to
Andrew

Some 30 years ago, a workmate commuted Brighton to London with his diesel car fuelled by old deep frier oil. His son was catering manager for a largish organisation, who actually paid him to collect it. He had a filter plant set up at home. But this was an old diesel - modern ones with electronics everywhere might not be so forgiving.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Did it smell of fish and chips?

Reply to
Max Demian

They work fine.

Reply to
samchunk

Or for more flexibility, 'MagnaPoon'. ;-)

(One of the few books I've read and enjoyed).

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m