nissan leaf again

that would bring a tear to a glass eye ...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim isn't bright enough to understand that is a joke.

Reply to
Brian Reay

Probably easier to strap another 20kWh battery on the roof and use that as a spare! Might knacker the acceleration and cornering ability a tad, but hey ....

Reply to
Andy Bennet

Hehe ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Ah, but the only problem with a trailer behind a trailer (to keep the axle loads down) is I think you might be restricted to 25 mpg or somesuch. Not a problem if everyone was doing it though ...

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

is that the same as you not understanding my jokes about being beat up or my vapour trip to Kent ?...and going on about it for years .......

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Because to fit a towbar (more the point technically) 'these days' the vehicle (and the Towbar I believe) has to be type approved for such and that would mean testing it with such ... and apart from Tesla in The States (and I'm not sure their regulations are the same as ours), no EV I'm aware of has been type approved for a towbar.

The same applies to the Ford Ka etc, so it's not just EV's.

Many (most?) Hybrids can tow because they are just ICE vehicles in any case. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

what about pedals so a cheeky fat obese bastard like brian reay can lose some weight .....?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

yes the worse parts of both worlds....outlandish ....tee hee

so there is no technical reason just an approval issue ....thanks.......think it applies to my mustang then ....but who would want to tow with a mustang...tee hee

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Also solar panels on the rear bumper, then you can be powered by the car behind's headlamps

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

what about a long extension cable then ? .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

what about a long extension cable then ? .....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

Have you done the sums on how long a small generator would take to give you a meaningful range? How much the weight would effect the range if you carry it at all times?

Why not just by a hybrid in the first place?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

what about pedals so a cheeky fat obese bastard like brian reay can lose some weight .....?

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

no.....

coz I only want to pay for petrol in an emergency and I don't want to haul about a petrol engine .....

Jim GM4DHJ ...

what about this? ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

Jim GM4DHJ ...

as long as it's self retracting

Reply to
charles

Ah - right. Your emergency generator will run off electricity, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

With a strong enough spring, you could use that for the return journey. Problem solved.

Or why not a clockwork generator to charge the battery? No need to carry fuel for that then.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)