NHS QR Code

That does not make any sense. Why would you have to get closer to scan a larger code?

And since when were you social distancing from a piece of paper anyway?

(had they have printed it small so you had to closer and hence below the minimum focal distance of the camera - then that would sound slightly more plausible!)

Reply to
John Rumm

What happened is that many phones failed to resolve sufficient detail at a sensible distance, so people have to get their phones closer to the QR code.

The combination of trying, sometimes several times, to grab the QR code, when it is poorly located, and holding other people up, even having to push back against a queue because it took a while to realise the grab failed, all end up with less effective social distancing.

Further, last time I visited a place which had a QR code, the venue itself couldn't care less if you scanned it or not. They just wanted your contact details (name and phone number) - which we were told was mandatory.

All a bit pointless if many visitors don't use the app.

Reply to
polygonum_on_google

I've just run it again and it took me to

<lots of numbers etc>

NHS My Communications

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Because the code was printed too large?

Still does not make sense...

What people? The OP is talking about a QR code printed on a letter they received!

Quite possibly - but a different subject entirely from that being discussed originally.

Reply to
John Rumm

Online QR decoders let you upload a picture of the QR code and tell you what text has been encoded. It's likely to be a URL which you can use in your browser.

Pamela

And from many accounts many parents seem to have named their children after Disney characters.

Reply to
alan_m