8 o'clock clapping for the NHS workers

Don't forget the upto50% of staff hiding/self isolating at home - they will have heard it ok.

Reply to
Jimk

A good turnout in our road despite the cold, either at the front door or from an upstairs bedroom window.

Reply to
Gareth Evans

Sadly I slept through it. For some reason now, *age*, I tend to sleep when I feel tired. I used to moan at my parents for this sort of thing, sitting in front of the telly and snoring. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa)

Not many people here anyway ,didn?t seem any point in with just some owls for an audience though thinking about it a neighbours dog was barking which it doesn?t normally do so it must have heard some thing which I didn?t.

Anyone else think the phrase ?Clap for Carers? brings connotations they may not appreciate .

GH

Reply to
Marland

To the tune of The British Grenadiers ...

Some die of drinking water Some die of drinking beer Some die of constipation And some of diarrhoea But of all the world's diseases There's none that can compare With the drip, drip, drip Of a poxed-up prick And they call it gonorrhoea.

Hmmm ... just noticed he common ending of the diseases ... rrhoea. Is that a Greek or Latin description of illness?

Reply to
Gareth Evans

Sounds like a sister I know. But they are an accountant.

Reply to
Bob Eager

My wife (ex nurse due to health problems) phoned her sister yesterday and said that she'd worked in the NHS for 35 years and never got the clap. The joke went right over her sister's head.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

It refers to a flux - of whatever fluid is relevant. Probably need a Greek scholar for the etymology.

Reply to
Roger Hayter