New Woodburner Regulations

Sounds like you choose the vacuum cleaner your wife uses. Figures.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

That usually happens because they've been used to vac up lots of plaster dust. This sticks to the inner surface of the cyclones and drastically reduces their effectiveness.

Then you strip it down and clean the cyclones. It's a tedious and dusty job but they run fine after that ... providing you don't use them for cleaning up more plaster dust.

Reply to
Mike Clarke

Anyone that remembers the smogs wouldn't buy a wood burner or an aga.

Its only the irresponsibles like harry.

Reply to
dennis

8<

He only ever saw them when his maid broke one.

Reply to
dennis

Not in our experience.

OTOH the little filter based one I have for the workshop - I got it on freecycle, and it's never been much good. I got fed up the other day, and took a knife to the filter. It's transformed. But doubtless not HEPA... I wore a dustmask while I was using it where the floorboards used to be.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris