New toys = A&E overflow at new year?

Not I.

Reply to
PeterC

At our surgery it has proved to be a case of "Never Twice the Same Cwack". :-) Or at least, very much in that direction. However much you want to see the same person. I have now seen most of the doctors once and only once - the one doctor I saw several times now has no clinics at our branch.

Reply to
polygonum

This was just the outer shipping box - I had no excuse, really...

Reply to
Bob Eager

I still have the scar on my thumb from loading up stapler when I was 10-ish, and closing the carriage by pushing down in the bit the staples come out of. The shock of how stupid I'd been overwhelmed the pain of the staple sticking out of my thumb as I got my grandmother to pull it out - probably while she and the other rellies were trying not to laugh.

jgh

Reply to
jgh

Our local surgery play the 'fix the figures' game.

There is some kind of Guvmint target about getting an appointment within

24 hours of calling.

So, if you ring on a Monday & want an appointment on Thursday, they won't book it, you have to ring Thursday.

If Monday is full, they won't take a booking for Tuesday, you have to ring Tuesday.

You never see the same Doc twice. If someone asks "who is your Doctor", my reply would have to be "no idea".

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Luckily in my surgery I can ring up and see a doctor (of their choice) on the same day[1]. I can make an appointment to see a doctor of my choice days, weeks or a month in advance.

[1]The receptionist will ask if the same day is really necessary and warn that the waiting time may be longer than normal or if an appointment in the following days may be more appropriate.
Reply to
alan

On 04 Jan 2014, snipped-for-privacy@mdfs.net grunted in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Oh yes, BTDTGTS.

But did you manage to get the staple to close within your thumb? I did :(

Reply to
Lobster

Much the same with mine. Routine stuff I usually book about a week ahead and try for 8.00am as it is easier to park and appointment times haven't had chance to drift.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Apt pronoun would have done.. Either way, as it were....

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

My kwack stopped this years ago.

I've never seen anyone other than my kwack at our practice.

Reply to
Huge

On a couple of occasions, I stepped onto an integrated circuit on the floor in my bedroom, and it plugged itself into the bottom of my foot. Fortunately, nothing bigger than a 741 or 555 (8 pin DIL), leaving two rows of 4 red dots of blood slowly growing after extracting it.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

And was resistance futile?

How about capacitance?

Reply to
Huge

At the practice we just left (300 mile house move) they operated this scheme and it worked extremely well. One of the doctors told me that forgetful no-shows had become almost non-existent.

Reply to
Apellation Controlee