New things learned.

After several years in the trade and not a few weeks over that period spent struggling with recalcitrant vehicles, I found out something I should have known years ago.

I went to a builder's suppliers to get a couple of 12 mm bolts. So the man comes back with a couple that are about 1/4 inch too large for my needs.

"No; I want something about 2/3rds that thickness." I say, astonished.

"That'll be 8 mm then." "Whuh.. It will?"

I think about this as he comes back with two half inch bolts that are exactly the right size.

I knew that. Smarra-me? I didn't half feel silly!

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

Has anybody seen WL and dribble at the same time?

Reply to
Paul Herber

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0

don't think that dribble has ever admitted to being in error !! Rob

Reply to
robgraham

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Weatherlawyer saying something like:

What? Your storeman was on crack.

8mm, 12mm are the width of the threads. As is a half-inch bolt.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Can someone buy me a pint of whatever he's drinking?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

What are you going on about?

Reply to