New apprentice starts on Tuesday

Might as well sit him in a handcart and show him the way.

Reply to
ARW

Nah, give him a bicycle and send him to the wholesalers for some conduit.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

Or bucket of sparks/ 5" greengauge.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

And tell him to ask for a tube of Elbow Grease.

Reply to
Tim Watts

And a long weight.

Reply to
newshound

Yep - that was the one that caught me out as a 14 yr old. Dad, an ex WW2 g unner, and me having to do cadets at school (1956) and the first uniforms t hey put us in were WW1 ones with brass button, etc. I was sent up to the l ocal store for 'Elbow Grease'. Slightly sadly now in my 70's I can't remem ber how the village shopkeeper reacted, but he certainly would have got a l augh at my expense.

A friend of a similar age remembers RAF cadets at school, and their ploy wa s to ask RAF technicians who came to lecture on a specific aircraft/engine, etc., if that model had a 'widgitating postenulator' !

Reply to
Rob Graham

Oops sorry bm

Reply to