Getting chocolate out of carpet

Someone, probably me :-( has dropped a piece of chocolate onto a pile carpet. The chocolate has melted in the sun and is now a dark lump of chocolate-carpet composite. The carpet is synthetic, but beyond that I don't know. My thinking is that mere detergent and water won't be sufficient, as chocolate is fairly high-fat. Other solvents available are white spirit/turps sub, methyated spirit, possibly acetone if there's any left, petrol. I don't want to dissolve the carpet and make matters worse!

Any suggestions as to how to get it out before I go at it.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

F Murtz

Excellent. Plenty to try there. Thanks.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Steam cleen it, it will melt it. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Freeze it with a CO2 fire extinguisher, then while it is solid, bash it into fragmants and hoover them up. Once the bulk of the material has been removed use neat 1001 carpet cleaner.

Reply to
Andrew